The Easter Holidays are just around the corner, so we’ve put together some ideas for things to do with the kids in and around London.
From Easter egg hunts to outdoor fun, to theatre, to free museum events; there’s over 35 ideas here, so something for everyone…
- From egg hunts, to arts and crafts, don’t miss out on Willows Activity Farm’s Easter Eggstravaganza, plus there’s a brand new Peter Rabbit show running each day! Tickets can be booked online here
- Visit one of the UK’s beautiful National Trust sites for Easter Egg hunts and other Spring fun. They’ve teamed up with Cadbury’s again this year to offer chocolatey treats for everyone. Find out more here.
- Head to Lauderdale House in Highgate for the annual Great Egg Roll, a fun and creative family event with Egg decorating, egg hunt and lots of prizes to be won. Book ahead from £6.50.
- Join the Giant Egg Hunt and take part in art and crafts at Hobbledown Farm in Epsom throughout the Easter weekend
- Head to Battersea Park Children’s Zoo for their Easter Egg Search. from the 6 – 22 April. How many lucky animals will have colourful eggs this year? Kids go FREE to Battersea Park Zoo for LittleBird Family Pass members.
- Head to the WWT London Wetland Centre for their Giant Duck Hunt. Plus enjoy their daily events where you can meet otters and feed birds with the warden. (£1 to enter)
- Visit the Horniman Easter Fair (Saturday 20th-Sunday 21st April) where they’ve got an Easter trail, craft workshops ,storytelling, as well as face-painting and join in family activities across the Gardens. Plus Lego lovers can catch their brand new family exhibition, Brick Wonders which features plenty of LEGO® interactive fun for children.
- Visit Battersea Power Station for an extra special Eggsperience this Easter! Hop on down and activities! Pet cute animals at the free mobile farm, follow the trail of clues in the Easter Egg Hunt plus for an extra special treat – book in a biscuit decorating session with the Biscuiteers! Find out more here.
- Visit Hampton Court Palace and join the search for Lindt Gold Bunnies around the home and gardens of Henry VIII’s. Book your tickets here.
Theatre for Kids
- Peter Rabbit fans? Don’t miss the fantastical family musical adventure, Where is Peter Rabbit? at the Theatre Royal Haymarket this Easter. Enjoy up to 33% off here but be quick, offer ends 1st April!
- Don’t miss the classic story of the Pied Piper at Battersea Power Station this Easter at the Village Hall! Featuring storytelling, shadow puppetry and marvellous music! Just £6 per ticket with us!
- Based on the much-loved book by Dr Seuss, see the hilarious The Cat in the Hat brought to life at the Rose Theatre this Easter (10 – 21 April)
- It may sound boring, but this show has been loved for more than a decade!! Go to the Unicorn Theatre to see the hilarious ‘The Show in Which Hopefully Nothing Happens‘ (for ages 6-10). A brilliant show with an exclusive 20% off, only on LittleBird. Or if you have younger ones (ages 2-5) have plenty of laughs with The Polar Bears Go Go Go as they return to the Unicorn Theatre this Easter following their hit shows in 2015 and 2016. Save an exclusive 20% here only with us!
- Theatre and education at it’s finest, see this heart-warming tale Ellie and Starlight at Hampton Hill Theatre 4-6 April. Designed to entertain and inform children about the dangers posed to our planet and educate and inspire them to make a difference.
- Following a sell-out season at the Fringe Festival, See Julia Donaldson present a show featuring five favourite stories at the Underbelly Festival this April (Ages 4 – 10) With a cast of five, including Julia’s guitar-playing husband Malcolm, bring Julia’s stories to life with songs, puppetry and a touch of magic.
- Zippos Circus is back with a spectacle like no other running from 5th April – 12th May with locations in Blackheath, Tooting and East Ham. Save 50% on tickets here
- Britain’s family favourite, Russell’s International Circus features an array of amazing displays, high wire acrobatics, dance and aerial stunts. From just £5pp and with locations in Norfolk, Cambridgeshire, Essex and Lincolnshire. save up to 69% here.
- If you’re in Kent, John Lawson’s Circus is returning this Easter including locations in New Romney, Darenth and Lordswood! Save 25% with us.
- Sandown Park Racecourse hosts The Netherland’s National Circus this Easter (3rd – 7th April) with a dynamic mix of traditional and modern circus acts. Save 50% here.
- For hair-raising stunts and show-stopping acts, look no further than Circus Extreme this Easter in Richmond! Plus coming to Southampton and Brighton in April and May. Tickets are at £13 per person and can be purchased here.
Museums and educational fun…
- Head to the Science Museum as Power UP is back this Easter! 160 consoles. 40 years of gaming. Game on. From Pong to Pacman and Minecraft to Mario, there’s something for everyone.
- Head to the V&A Museum of Childhood for the Pirate’s Life for Me exhibition for swashbuckling fun! And if you have a LittleBird Family Pass, don’t forget to enjoy your 10% saving in the cafe and their pirate menu!
- Extra! Extra! Read all About it at the Museum of London Docklands on the 16th and 21st April. Learn about all about the printing industry and create your own headlines at a free craft workshop!
- Head to the Discover Centre for Elmer’s Walk, an interactive storytelling experience based on David McKee’s much loved book, plus reading events with authors of awesome children’s books such as Hotel Flamingo, Maisie’s Scrapbook and The Great Big Green Book.
- Meet the animals that shaped London’s history with the Museum of London’s Beasts of London immersive tour! Experience iconic moments including the arrival of the Romans and The Plague.
- Got a dino fan in the family? Head to the Chelsea Physhic Garden for Dinner with Dinosaurs. Find the living fossils around the garden that dinosaurs would have eaten for breakfast, lunch and dinner! Book ahead here.
Out and About
- Enjoy exclusive early access to The View from the Shard on Saturday 20 April, packed with fun activities, unlimited hot drinks and treats! Enjoy up to 40% off here.
- Consider investing in a Merlin’s Magical London ticket to save and get tickets for Shrek’s Adventure, Madame Tussaud’s, SEALIFE, The Longon Dungeon and The London Eye. This 5in1 ticket is valid for 90 days from when you visit the first attraction, Shrek’s Adventure, meaning you could do all 5 in one day if you wanted to!
- Head over to Hyde Park for one of their free Discovery Days, where you can take part in their Nature Explorers activities (£20) or drop in to one of their free Marvellous Mammals days.
- Got an Ice Age fan in the family? Head back in time with the first outdoor Ice Age immersive experience of its kind with Ice Age: The Lost Kingdom in Birmingham’s Botanical Garden this Easter. You’ll come face-to-face with giant animatronic beasts including the Woolly Mammoth, Sabre-Toothed Tiger and more!
- From storytelling to creative workshops, enjoy fun activites at Kew Gardens this Easter. Kids go FREE to Kew Gardens for LittleBird Family Pass members.
- With over 19 acres of award-winning gardens to jump, climb and explore, Eltham Palace and Gardens is an oasis of beauty if you’ve not visited before. Visit this Easter and join in the hunt for dragon eggs on a legendary quest. Intrepid adventurers who track down the dragon egg will get a certificate and there’ll be a chocolate treat too!
Get out of town…
- Jam-packed full of fun for kids of all ages Butlins is the perfect place for a fantastic family day out this Easter. Discover sub-tropical waters in the newly-opened pool, soft play, live daytime entertainment, Helter Skelter, Chair-O-Plane, and Carousel rides plus so much more. Currently 40% off here.
- A LittleBird family favourite, enjoy a 4-night Half Board family break to the stunning Hayling Island in Hampshire with Away Resorts, packed with entertainment, easter activities, breakfast and dinner included and amazing facilities! Book from as little as £174 here.
- Head to Windsor Racecourse this Easter for their first ever Easter Extravaganza, There’s 7 exciting races for the adults to enjoy, bouncy castles, plus a host of entertainment including face painting and so much more, book tickets and save!
- The Eden Project is an amazing place if you’ve never been before! Head to Eden in Cornwall and explore the largest indoor rainforest in the world this Easter and enjoy their farm-themed Easter event packed with indoor and outdoor games (including a giant scramble course!) storytelling, and special chocolate treats.
- Let your hair down to the reggae beat with Reggae Tots in Brighton, expect UV Face Painting, Balloons and Bubbles, Parachutes & Inflatables and more! Save 25% here
- Experience nature at it’s purest at New Forest Wildlife Park, walk through gorgeous natural woodland trails, and meet amazing animals. Kids go Free for LittleBird Family Pass members.
- Enjoy the great outdoors with a touch of luxury with a fabulous glamping break with Browning Brothers in Colchester, from as little as £79 for 3 nights. Book here, and save up to 40%.
- Get ready for an animal adventure of epic proportions at ZSL Whipsnade Zoo and overnight stay at the 4* Aubrey Park Hotel, save 25% here
- Delve deep into the Somerset earth and be fascinated by Wookey Hole‘s amazing collection of caves and tunnels for a unique day out, Save 20% on entry tickets with the LittleBird Family Pass.
Other great ideas…
- Head to the Southbank Centre this Easter for some sensational family fun – mixture of free and ticked events that guarantees something for everyone. Enjoy the heart-warming family show Tabby McTat, based on the book by Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler or play in giant sandpits illuminated by beautiful graphics to music created by your own movements with Soundpit.
- Visit the beautiful Barbican Conservatory on a Sunday (seleted dates) and its array of plant species.
- Check out one of London’s brilliant city farms for Spring animals, Easter Egg hunts, arts & crafts and more. Vauxhall City Farm has an Own a Pony Day, Surrey Docks City Farm has brilliant family friendly activities including baking sessions and Easter holiday Farm Clubs, plus Spitalfields City Farm has their annual Oxford Cambridge Goat Race on the 7th April as well as other Easter activities.
Find more fun ideas and savings for things to do in our Things to do this Easter category and filter by age, price or date on LittleBird.