Summer is finally here! And what weather to match… We’ve put together some of our top affordable days out for families to keep the kids entertained for these six weeks of freedom!
Don’t forget to tag us and add the hashtag #littlebirddaysout so other LittleBird families can get ideas too!
Butlins Bognor Regis
Get out of town…
- Jam-packed full of fun for kids of all ages Butlins is the perfect place for a fantastic family day out this Summer and best of all their Big Top Circus returns for world class performance. Discover sub-tropical waters in the newly-opened pool, soft play, live daytime entertainment, Helter Skelter, Chair-O-Plane, and Carousel rides plus so much more. Save up to 40% on tickets here.
- Gulliver’s is back on LittleBird this Summer! Enjoy fantastic family days out in Warrington or Milton Keynes. Save on tickets with the LittleBird Family Pass
- A LittleBird family favourite, enjoy a 3 or 4-night Half Board family break to the stunning Hayling Island in Hampshire with Away Resorts, packed with entertainment, activities, breakfast and dinner included and amazing facilities! Don’t miss their colour festival on the 27th July! Book from as little as £166 here.
- I scream, you scream, we all scream for Ice Cream! Head to Windsor Racecourse this Summer for their Ice Cream Festival Raceday. There’s 7 exciting races for the adults to enjoy, ice cream treats, bouncy castles, plus a host of entertainment including face painting and FREE Funfair and so much more, book tickets and save!
- Enjoy a LEGOLAND® Holiday from as little as £109 for the whole family! Have a LEGO® fuelled fun day and then stay in a delightful trusted family hotel!
- Enjoy the great outdoors with a touch of luxury with a fabulous glamping break with Browning Brothers in Colchester, from as little as £80 for 2 nights. Book here, and save up to 40%.
- Get ready for an animal adventure of epic proportions at ZSL Whipsnade Zoo and overnight stay at the 4* Pendley Manor save 20% here
- Delve deep into the Somerset earth and be fascinated by Wookey Hole‘s amazing collection of caves and tunnels for a unique day out, Save 20% on entry tickets with the LittleBird Family Pass.
- The best-loved glamping holiday in the UK, Feather Down Farms, can be enjoyed with savings all year round on the LittleBird Family Pass. Choose from stunning farms in Britain, Ireland, Netherlands, France, Germany and even Switzerland. With holidays starting at £199!
- Catch all your family favourite films in the UK’s first open-air cinema designed for kids with Luna Kids Cinema. With locations across the country including Knebworth House, Dunorlan Park, Hampton Court Palace, Harewood House and Kensington Meadows in Bath.
- Head down to Cornwall for a stay in a cosy cottage at Polean Farm and unwind in the wilderness…with daily animal feeds, outdoor playground, tractor rides and more. Save 15% on stays here.
- Caring for over 10,000 animals every year, be sure to visit Tiggywinkles Wildlife Hospital, with Hedgehog talks, Red Kite flights, Arts and Crafts and more! Just £11 for a family ticket – bargain!
Family Days Out for under £25
- Enjoy indoor soft play at Gambado this 2019 in Chelsea or Watford! The whole family can enjoy for as little as £14.95 on LittleBird.
- Head to Tiggywinkles in Buckinghamshire for just £11 for a family. See the animals that they care for and get up close to Hedgehogs, Red Kites and more.
- Think you’ve got a good putt? Try out Plonk Golf in 4 London locations including Camden Market, Islington, London Fields and the Horniman Museum. One round for a family is £13.50 on LittleBird.
- Ooh and ahh over the large collection of birds of prey at Liberty’s Owl, Raptor and Reptile Centre. With both indoor and outdoor flying displays, so there’s family fun whatever the weather. Just £20 for a family. Book your tickets with us.
- Ever went zooming down a hill sat in a rubber ring? Now you can at Active Nation in Aldershot with up to 51% off Donutting! Just £19.50 for 3 people.
- See the finest collection of native wildlife in Britain at the British Wildlife Centre! A family ticket is £25 and valid until the 9th August.
- The oldest aviation museum in the UK, The de Havilland Aircraft Museum has an impressive collection of planes including some made before WW2! Take the family for just £18 on LittleBird.
- If you’ve not visited the Foundling Museum yet, now is the time to do it as we have 50% off tickets and the Kids go FREE! The Museum is designed with young visitors in mind. Explore the Collection and don’t miss the daily activities for families!
Sports & Activities
- Jump up and down at Oxygen Freejumping in nationwide locations from £7.60, vouchers are valid for 3 months!
- Looking to cool down this summer? Get the kids splashing about with 25% off Aqua Parks in 3 locations! Enjoy Aqua Bounce in Essex, Thorpe Lakes in Surrey and Southlake Aqua Park in St Neots. from £15
- Zip, climb, bounce and much more at Zip World in North Wales. Enjoy an action-packed day out for all the family this Summer! Save on the LittleBird Family Pass today!
- Let out your inner Tarzan and swing this summer with Go Ape! With lots to choose from including Tree Top Adventures, Park Adventures, Ziplines, Sedgways and more. Save on the LittleBird Family Pass today.
Museums and educational fun…
- Join the Transport Museum this summer for six weeks of STEM-inspired activities and workshops. explore what makes a good uniform, analyse data or even try your hand at coding. Kids go free!
- Let the kids get hands-on at the Mega Maker Lab this August at the Institution of Imagination! Enjoy building activities and challenges including LEGO, Stixx, make a bot with motors, try out glue guns and drills and much more across five creative zones. Just £5pp on LittleBird.
- Step into British history at Oxford Castle & Prison. Enjoy a tour led by authentically-costumed characters, revealing the stories and secrets of this fascinating historical landmark! Save 20% only on the LittleBird Family Pass
- Head to the British Museum this summer and see the largest exhibition dedicated to Manga (outside Japan)! Under 16s are free when accompanied by a paying Adult. The exhibition runs until August.
- Have you heard about Fantastic Feats? Celebrate the triumphs of architecture, invention and engineering in London with a six month long programme of street theatre and circus, art, music, exhibitions, walks and tours! With tons of FREE fun and educational activities going on for 6 months.
- This Summer play, create and explore at the London Museum of Water and Steam. Paddle in the Museum’s paddling pools, get soggy in the splash zone, water plants in our garden, investigate with our discovery box, dress up as a Victorian engine driver, ride the Railway every Wednesday and weekend. From just £6 on LittleBird.
- The Postal Museum has plenty of summer activities lined up! Celebrate the summer holidays with live music, barbecues, outdoor games and a fun-filled family programme inspired by the tradition of travelling to the seaside and The Great British Summer.
- Become a wetland explorer this summer at WWT Wetland Centres across the UK. There are lots of exciting wetland challenges waiting for you at their centres from intrepid canoe and boat safaris to pond exploring and wild bug hunts. Plus don’t miss the LEGO® Brick Animal Trail at WWT Arundel.
- Meet the animals that shaped London’s history with the Museum of London’s Beasts of London immersive tour! Experience iconic moments including the arrival of the Romans and The Plague.
Just So Festival in Cheshire
Festivals and Fun Days.
- Designed as a completely family-friendly festival, there’s tons to keep the kids entertained at Meraki Festival in St Albans (23 – 25 Aug). Packed full of top live music acts, creative spaces, laser tag, movie house, circuses, fairgrounds and much more. Plus all activities are completely FREE! Save up to 56% on tickets with us.
- Great Wonderfest (2 – 4 Aug) is the brand new family-friendly festival on the Isle of Wight. With an amazing line up (Busted, The Vamps, Example, Becky Hill, Rastamouse and more) hosted by TV legends Dick & Dom, this is not one festival to be missed. Tickets from £22 on LittleBird and under 14s go FREE!
- This August, enjoy a unique weekend at Enchanted Festival (23 – 25 Aug) in Horsham. Chock full of live music, pop up shops, fashion tent, delicious food and wondrous secret illuminated gardens. You’ll be enchanted by this summer wonderland. Save on tickets with us!
- For a more sophisticated fest with your fam, try out Wilderness (1 – 4 Aug) in Oxfordshire. Gorgeous surroundings with a swimming lake, posh dining, and amazing activities including costume making and movie workshops, theatre groups, dance classes, fairytales, poetry and song. Tickets from £39.75 for kids.
- Just So Festival (17 – 18 Aug) is perfect for families. An imaginative outdoor family adventure like no other, expect the best literature, theatre, comedy, dance, music and more in the beautiful Rode Hall Estate. One of outlandish costumes, midnight feasts, fairies, board games and puppetry. It’s a whole world to discover. Tickets from £50 for weekend tickets.
Neverland Fulham Beach
Life’s a Beach
- Summer is coming to Hampstead with golden sants, amazing food and cocktails for the adults! Free entry at Hampstead Beach til 1 Sep
- Located in leafy Fulham, enjoy a stylish beach experience with Neverland’s Fulham Beach. With al freso dining, delicious drinks and a quiet sunbathe, Kids welcome only at weekends 12-5pm only. General entry on Sunday’s are free but must be pre-booked. From £5 other dates.
- The award winning Beach at Brent Cross returns and is bigger than ever! £3 entry per person until 8 Sep
- Stretch out and enjoy a lazy day at Royal Docks Beach, Free entry from 27 Jul – 30 Aug.
- Ruislip Lido
- Backyard Cinema has taken over Camden’s Roundhouse with LA Nights enjoy films Lego Move 2, Greatest Showman, Dumbo, Captain Marvel, Mary Poppins Returns and more from 18 Jul – 25 Aug. Tickets from £18.99.
- A hop, skip and a jump away from the beach, Dreamland Margate has six weeks of super-charged fun with free events and incredible entertainment.
- AFK Beach is back in Canary Wharf for another season of Beach volleyball until 2 Aug. Free to spectators.
Peter Pan at the Troubadour White City
Theatre Savings this Summer
- Get set for a big adventure this summer as JM Barrie’s Peter Pan comes to life at the Troubadour White City Theatre . Save an exclusive 50% off tickets on LittleBird.
- Strap on your safety goggles, as Brainiac Live is back in London this summer with exploding dustbins, combusting microwaves, live daredevils stunts and all the experiments you’re not allowed to do at home. Save 50% on tickets with LittleBird plus Kids go FREE!
- If you missed out this Easter, Peter Rabbit is back at the Theatre Royal Haymarket this Summer. You can save up to 50% on tickets on dates until the 28th July.
- After a smash hit season at the Imagine Children’s Festival, Peppa Pig comes to the Royal Festival Hall for an interactive family concert. Save 25% on tickets this August bank holiday!
- This heart-warming tale of Julia Donaldson & Axel Schleffer’s The Scarecrows’ Wedding will enchant little ones at the Leicester Square Theatre. Tickets from £8, on LittleBird.
- Enjoy the warmer weather at The Iris Theatre this summer with a gorgeous outdoor production of The Hunchback of Notre Dame. From £14 on LittleBird.
- Dare to experience the dangers and delights of Dinosaur World Live in this interactive new show for all the family at the Troubadour in Wembley Park. Just £12pp on LittleBird.
- A dance treat for the whole family, ZooNation’s Tales of the Turntable is not to be missed this August at the Southbank Centre. Save 33% with us.
- The amazing Unicorn Theatre have taken some classic fables and given them the live action treatment! Enjoy reimagined versions of Aesop’s Fables classic animal stories with dazzling set design and a uniquely modern twist. Save 20% until 2nd August
- Just one minute’s walk from 221B Baker Street, see Sherlock Holmes and the Invisible Thing (12+ years) at the Rudolf Steiner Theatre until the 18th August with 43% off tickets.
- The zany and hilarious tale of Aliens Love Underpants comes to the brand new Troubadour White City this August. Just £12pp on LittleBird.
Out and About in London
- Ever visited KidZania? The mini city made for kids! This Summer, Kids can now enjoy the new Spy Activity with the Children’s Intelligence Agency. Plus book with us and save up to 43%!
- Embrace the warmer weather and enjoy big screens under the stars. Promising lovely al fresco locations and classic films, Pop Up Screens are perfect for family nights out or for evenings without the kids in over 8 Locations across London! Save 50% on tickets.
- Feel like James Bond on the award-winning Thames Rockets speedboat adventure! Hold on tight as you fly through the world’s most famous capital city marvelling at London’s awesome 2000 year history. Save 23% per Family!
- Ever wondered what it’s like to zipwire through central London? Well now you can find out with Zip Now and for up to 25% off here.
- Consider investing in a Merlin’s Magical London ticket to save and get tickets for Shrek’s Adventure, Madame Tussaud’s, SEALIFE, The Longon Dungeon and The London Eye. This 5in1 ticket is valid for 90 days from when you visit the first attraction, Shrek’s Adventure, meaning you could do all 5 in one day if you wanted to!
- Medieval Banquet
- Discover London’s Talking Statues. This innovative and unique idea brings some of London’s most iconic statues to life at the swipe of your phone.
Ship of Tolerance, Totally Thames Festival.
Freebie Family Fun
- Totally Thames is back this year with a fantastic art project with the Ship of Tolerence, in its first UK showing. See the ship at Royal Docks 3 – 31 Aug
- Strut your Putt with FREE Mini Golf at Canary Wharf from 12noon everyday in Columbus Courtyard.
- Summer by the River at the Scoop, See FREE films Mamma Mia 2 (U) on the 30 July, Coco (PG)on 13 Aug, Black Panther(12A) on 20 Aug, Mary Poppins Returns(U) on the 27 Aug.
Plus FREE theatre Much Ado about Nothing on 24 Jul, and The Book People are back at No1 London Bright with discounted books with proceedings going to charity Family Holiday Association on 31 Jul.
- Canary Wharf Summer Family Festival is back until 11 Aug with free events and fun for the family including our friends Let’s All Dance with a performance of the Princess and the Frog. (10 Aug 3pm)
- Let the kids get messy with Bug Hunting or Pond Dipping at Greenwich Peninsula Ecology Park until 28 Aug
- Notting Hill Carnival is back for one of the world’s largest street festivals. Children’s Day is on Sunday 25 Aug.
- Serpentine Pavillion designed by Junya Ishigami this year is now open until 6 Oct.
- London Mela explodes onto Southall Park with a huge programme of traditional Asian culture and creativity. 31 Aug – 1 Sep.
- Visiting the MOL? Be sure to check out the free hidden gem that is the Barbican Conservatory.
- The perfect spot for a picnic or to relax and unwind, enjoy the Queen Elizabeth Hall Roof Garden which is free to visit and relax amongst wildflowers.
For more Summer Holiday ideas and savings, check out our category on LittleBird…