Hampton Court Palace and Gardens - Tudor History Brought To Life
Hampton Court Palace, Surrey
The Magic Garden has now reopened!
Suitable for 0-16 years
Families have always lived and worked at Hampton Court Palace, from princes and princesses to guards and servants. Now you can join them for an amazing day out. Whatever your age, there is plenty to see inside or out. Escape the hustle and bustle of the city on a visit to Hampton Court Palace and its beautiful gardens. Explore the grand estate that was once home to Henry VIII and hear stories of the famous king’s visits to the estate. If you’re lucky you may even see the man himself!
- The Palace’s costumed guides will fill you in on the latest Tudor gossip!
- Let the kids explore and discover history through free family trails and audio guides.
- Make tummies rumble when you experience the sights and smells of a real Tudor Kitchen.
- Take the challenge to find the centre of Hampton Court Palace Maze - ‘the most famous maze in the history of the world’.
- Try to find all the illustrated deckchairs of famous characters from the palace’s history.
- Enjoy the palace’s many beautiful gardens.
- Visit England’s greatest medieval hall.
The Magic Garden has now reopened! - 29th March - 3rd Nov 2019
- Come face to face with mysterious mythical beasts, storm the battlements, besiege the towers and explore the secret grotto in this magical children's playground.
- The Magic Garden at Hampton Court provides a new and unique way for your family to explore the palace’s past.
- Each area represents myths, legends, stories and even real objects that can be found at Hampton Court.
- Once you have ticked everything off in the garden, it's the perfect opportunity to discover those real objects in and around the palace.
During busy periods, your time in the Magic Garden may be limited to a maximum of 90 minutes. Coloured wristbands are distributed and staff will be on-hand to advise visitors.
Please note, The Magic Garden will be closed for essential maintenance on 13 May and 15 July 2019.
LittleBird Top Tip
The Magic Garden is a new and unique way for families to explore the palace’s past. Populated by mysterious mythical beasts (including a 25m dragon!), with towers to besiege, battlements to storm, and even a secret grotto to discover… PLUS entry is included with standard admission tickets!
- £22.70 for Adult Ticket
- £11.35 for Children (Aged 5 - 16)
- £18.10 for Concessions
- Under 5 years go free!
Please present your ticket to staff upon arrival either printed or on your mobile device.
You must book tickets in advance with a timed entry slot
Reduced visitor capacities will allow for 2m social distancing
Please only visit if you are feeling well
On arrival tickets will be checked from a 2m distance (tickets will not be scanned)
Enhanced cleaning regimes fit for a King or Queen
Hand washing and hand sanitation facilities available
Non-contact interactions with staff
Planned one-way visitor routes
Contactless till points and payments
Disabled Access: Hampton Court Palace welcomes all visitors and tries to ensure that everyone’s visit is successful and enjoyable. Most of the routes within the Palace are accessible to visitors unable to climb stairs and there is a lift to take visitors to the State Apartments on the first floor. Please ask a Warder for assistance. Registered disabled visitors are charged the relevant ticket price and carers are admitted free of charge. Care should be taken, as some courtyards have cobbled pavements and appropriate footwear should be worn. Sign language tours are available, and guide dogs are admitted.
Child ages: 5-15. Children aged 4 and below are free.
Wednesday – Sunday 1030-1700. Last Entry 15:30hrs
- No refunds or exchanges.
For any queries call on +44 (0) 207 3326 439 . Monday - Friday, 10am - 6pm
- Please take your PRINTED e-Ticket to the Group Ticket Office entrance along with photo ID for entrance to Hampton Court Palace
- No refunds or exchanges.