Hampton Court Palace and Gardens - Tudor History Brought To Life
Hampton Court Palace, Surrey
The Magic Garden has now reopened!
Suitable for 0-16 years
Families have always lived and worked at Hampton Court Palace, from princes and princesses to guards and servants. Now you can join them for an amazing day out. Whatever your age, there is plenty to see inside or out. Escape the hustle and bustle of the city on a visit to Hampton Court Palace and its beautiful gardens. Explore the grand estate that was once home to Henry VIII and hear stories of the famous king’s visits to the estate. If you’re lucky you may even see the man himself!
- The Palace’s costumed guides will fill you in on the latest Tudor gossip!
- Let the kids explore and discover history through free family trails and audio guides.
- Make tummies rumble when you experience the sights and smells of a real Tudor Kitchen.
- Take the challenge to find the centre of Hampton Court Palace Maze - ‘the most famous maze in the history of the world’.
- Try to find all the illustrated deckchairs of famous characters from the palace’s history.
- Enjoy the palace’s many beautiful gardens.
- Visit England’s greatest medieval hall.
The Magic Garden has now reopened! - 29th March - 3rd Nov 2019
- Come face to face with mysterious mythical beasts, storm the battlements, besiege the towers and explore the secret grotto in this magical children's playground.
- The Magic Garden at Hampton Court provides a new and unique way for your family to explore the palace’s past.
- Each area represents myths, legends, stories and even real objects that can be found at Hampton Court.
- Once you have ticked everything off in the garden, it's the perfect opportunity to discover those real objects in and around the palace.
During busy periods, your time in the Magic Garden may be limited to a maximum of 90 minutes. Coloured wristbands are distributed and staff will be on-hand to advise visitors.
Please note, The Magic Garden will be closed for essential maintenance on 13 May and 15 July 2019.
LittleBird Top Tip
The Magic Garden is a new and unique way for families to explore the palace’s past. Populated by mysterious mythical beasts (including a 25m dragon!), with towers to besiege, battlements to storm, and even a secret grotto to discover… PLUS entry is included with standard admission tickets!
- £22.70 for Adult Ticket
- £11.35 for Children (Aged 5 - 16)
- £18.10 for Concessions
- Under 5 years go free!
Please take your voucher/confirmation to the Group Ticket Window along with photo ID for entrance to Hampton Court Palace.
Audio Guides: Available free of charge in English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Japanese, Russian and Korean, audio guides can be collected from the Information Centre in Base Court.
Disabled Access : Hampton Court Palace is a historic building and, therefore, has uneven surfaces. However, many of the staircases are wide and shallow (having been built for William III who was asthmatic). Most of the routes within the palace are accessible to visitors unable to climb stairs as there is a lift to take visitors to the State Apartments on the first floor. Please ask a warder for assistance. However, for evacuation reasons, only six wheelchairs are permitted on the first floor at any one time. As a consequence, visitors may occasionally have to wait or visit an alternative part of the palace.
Manual wheelchairs are available for use within the palace. Wheelchairs are available on a first come, first served basis and cannot be booked in advance. Please ask a warder for assistance. Single-person scooters are available for use in the gardens only, again on a first come, first served basis and they cannot be booked in advance.
General audio tours for visitors with visual impairments are available for: King's Apartments of William III Georgian Rooms Tudor Kitchens The Young Henry VIII exhibition.
Braille guidebooks are available free, on loan, from the Information Centre in Clock Court. Braille and large print folders are available in the Young Henry VIII exhibition. Please ask a warder if you wish to use them. The artefacts in the Tudor Kitchens may be handled as they are replicas.
Agents bringing child students or children to the palaces must provide a ratio of 1 adult for up to maximum 15 child/students children.
If bringing children and students booked through the Learning and Engagement department, the ratio must be 1 adult to 60 children or 1 adult to 10 students.
Not meeting the maximum ratio will result in the party not being granted to access on arrival.
Child ages: 5-15. Children aged 4 and below are free.
Mid - March – Mid - October (Summer)
Monday – Sunday 10pm-6pm
Last Entry 5pmMid- October – Mid - March (Winter)Monday – Sunday 10pm-4.30pm
- No refunds or exchanges.
For any queries call on +44 (0) 207 3326 439 . Monday - Friday, 10am - 6pm
How to Redeem
- Please take your PRINTED e-Ticket to the Group Ticket Office entrance along with photo ID for entrance to Hampton Court Palace
- No refunds or exchanges.