It feels like only yesterday it was 26° heat, but Autumn has arrived with a brisk breeze! We’ve put together some fun and affordable ideas for things to do with the kids this October Half Term. It’s short but sweet and there is plenty of activities, events, days out and family escape ideas for you!
Don’t forget to tag us and add the hashtag #littlebirddaysout so other LittleBird families can get ideas too!
Halloween Fun at the View from the Shard
- Celebrate the spooky season at the View from the Shard this October Half Term, as they open their doors exclusively for LittleBird customers for an early morning of fun. With unlimited hot drinks, face painting, spooky fun and activities! Just £20 on LittleBird.
- Harry Potter Fan? Master the Dark Arts at Warner Brothers Studio (27 Sep – 10 Nov ) Plus the iconic Great Hall set will be decorated with over 100 floating pumpkins, as seen in Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone! Book tickets on the WB Studio Tour website.
- The National Trust has fabulous days out for families, whether you’re searching for conkers, fancy pumpkin carving or exploring the most haunted houses in the UK! Don’t miss the annual Halloween Pumpkin Festival (19 – 27 Oct) at Osterley Park & House, visit Ormesby Hall for a Witchy Trail (20 Oct – 3 Nov )
- Grab the family for a spooky rave with Raver Tots Halloween Parties! Expect the biggest tunes, UV Face Painting, Balloons and Bubbles, Parachutes & Inflatables and more! Locations in Hoxton, Windsor, Milton Keynes, Woolwich, Essex, Maidstone and Vauxhall. From £6 here on LittleBird.
Where’s Wally? at the Transport Museum
Museums and educational fun…
- Join the Transport Museum this half term for a Big Museum Hunt with Where’s Wally?! Pick up your Mission Map from the Family Station when you arrive and use it to lead you to fun and unexpected activities around the Museum.
- If your kids dreams of being the next Quentin Blake or Nick Sharratt, don’t miss out on taking them to the House of Illustration in King’s Cross. From just £3 on LittleBird.
- Step into British history at Oxford Castle & Prison. Enjoy a tour led by authentically-costumed characters, revealing the stories and secrets of this fascinating historical landmark! Save 20% only on the LittleBird Family Pass.
- Hidden amongst the concrete jungle on the Southbank, discover The Garden Museum – with an award winning cafe, climbable medieval and a lush garden filled with historical and nostalgic wonders. Plus don’t miss out on the Ladybird Books exhibition celebrating the iconic illustrated books. Save up to 50% off plus the kids go FREE!
- Have you heard about Fantastic Feats? Celebrate the triumphs of architecture, invention and engineering in London with a six month long programme of street theatre and circus, art, music, exhibitions, walks and tours! With tons of FREE fun and educational activities going on for 6 months.
- The Postal Museum have a brilliant line up of activities for October Half Term! Can you solve the mystery of the driverless mail trains? Design and build your own Inspector Gadget style contraption plus join P.G. Bell with a book and reading session for The Great Brain Robbery.
Butlins Bognor Regis
Get out of town…
- A LittleBird family favourite, enjoy a 3 or 4-night Half Board family break to the stunning Hayling Island in Hampshire with Away Resorts, packed with spoooky entertainment, activities, breakfast and dinner included and amazing facilities! Book from as little as £129 here.
- Jam-packed full of ghoulish fun for kids of all ages Butlins is the perfect place for a fantastic family day out this October Half Term. With all the fun of traditional fairground rides, live entertainment as well as their brand new pool complex! Save 40% on tickets here.
- Gulliver’s is back on LittleBird and perfect for the upcoming October Half Term! Enjoy fantastic family days out in Warrington or Milton Keynes. Save on tickets with the LittleBird Family Pass.
- The oldest aviation museum in the UK, The de Havilland Aircraft Museum has an impressive collection of planes including some made before WW2! Take the family for just £18 on LittleBird.
- Get a hit of nostalgia and see the stars of Robot Wars fighting live at Extreme Robots in Maidstone (19 – 20 Oct) this October Half Term. Save 30% on tickets here.
- Ooh and ahh over the large collection of birds of prey at Liberty’s Owl, Raptor and Reptile Centre. With both indoor and outdoor flying displays, so there’s family fun whatever the weather. Just £20 for a family. Book your tickets with us.
- Enjoy the sights, sounds and smells of nature this Half Term at the Oak Lodge Retreat in Suffolk; a luxury glamping trip for the family, all tents are kitted out with proper beds, solar powered lighting and your own private area with modern gas BBQ. Plus relac in the spa area with hot tub and sauna! A 2 night stay for a family of 4 for just £139.
- Get ready for an animal adventure of epic proportions at ZSL Whipsnade Zoo and overnight stay at the 4* Pendley Manor save 20% here
- Delve deep into the Somerset earth and be fascinated by Wookey Hole‘s amazing collection of caves and tunnels for a unique day out, Save 20% on entry tickets with the LittleBird Family Pass.
- The best-loved glamping holiday in the UK, Feather Down Farms, can be enjoyed with savings all year round on the LittleBird Family Pass. Choose from stunning farms in Britain, Ireland, Netherlands, France, Germany and even Switzerland. With holidays starting at £199!
Sports & Activities
- Jump up and down at Oxygen Freejumping in nationwide locations from £7.60, vouchers are valid for 3 months!
- Zip, climb, bounce and much more at Zip World in North Wales. Enjoy an action-packed day out for all the family this Summer! Save on the LittleBird Family Pass today!
- Let out your inner Tarzan and swing this summer with Go Ape! With lots to choose from including Tree Top Adventures, Park Adventures, Ziplines, Sedgways and more. Save on the LittleBird Family Pass today.
- Take a swing at the UK’s largest adventure golf course. With a 60-metre lagoon, an 8-metre waterfall and of course, Dagenham’s legendary sperm whale Moby Dick, Moby Golf is family fun at its best. From £2.50 on LittleBird.
The Telegraph Ski & Snowboard Show
Out and About in London
- Ever visited KidZania? The mini city made for kids! Over Half Term, you can learn what it takes to be a Guinness World Records Adjudicator in their Adjudicator Bootcamp! Sports-mad kids can knock it for six with the chance to meet heroes from Middlesex Cricket Club at the mini Lord’s ground in KidZania. Plus if you book with us, you can save up to 43%!
- Celebrate and enjoy an exclusive spooky morning at the View from the Shard this half term! With unlimited hot drinks, face-painting plus balloon modelling and activities, it’s the perfect way to make memories. Just £20pp on LittleBird.
- The Natural History Museum’s ice rink is opening on the 19th October, if you’re keen for that Christmas feeling, don’t miss out and pre-book from £8.80 on the NHM website.
- The Ski and Snowboard Show returns to Mount Battersea this half term, with heaps of entertainment for the family. All activities are included in the cost of your ticket, so you can ride the Ferris Wheel, see skate and parkour demos, take to the ice skating rink and more. From £9 on LittleBird.
- Feel like James Bond on the award-winning Thames Rockets speedboat adventure! Hold on tight as you fly through the world’s most famous capital city marvelling at London’s awesome 2000 year history. Save 23% per Family!
- Consider investing in a Merlin’s Magical London ticket to save and get tickets for Shrek’s Adventure, Madame Tussaud’s, SEALIFE, The Longon Dungeon and The London Eye. This 5in1 ticket is valid for 90 days from when you visit the first attraction, Shrek’s Adventure, meaning you could do all 5 in one day if you wanted to!
- Discover London’s Talking Statues. This innovative and unique idea brings some of London’s most iconic statues to life at the swipe of your phone.
Maggot Moon at the Unicorn Theatre
Theatre & Circus Savings
- Enjoy a spectacle like no other as the astonishing Zippo’s Circus returns this October! With dates in Finsbury Park (16-20 Oct) and Hampstead Heath (23 Oct – 3 Nov). Save 40% on tickets with us.
- The Unicorn Theatre are back this October Half Term with the utterly gripping Maggot Moon for 9-13 year olds. Based on the award-winning novel by Sally Gardner. With dates from 5 – 25th October including a special post-show talk with Sally herself on the 5th October) Save 50% on tickets with us.
- LittleBird family favourite, Let’s All Dance is back with their stunning production of Princess and the Frog. With locations in Kingston (Sat 19 Oct) and in Clapham (Sun 27 Oct) during October Half Term. Save up to 25% with LittleBird.
- Plus Let’s All Dance will also be showing their gorgeous adaptation of Alice in Wonderland at the Sadler’s Wells’ Lilian Baylis Studio on the 20th October, from £14 with us.
- Don’t miss your chance to see Britain’s favourite family circus, Planet Circus, in a brand new production. With shows in Basingstoke, Redhill and Clapham Common this October Half Term. From £11 on LittleBird.
- For further circus antics, enjoy an international production from the fantastic Circus Berlin, with shows throughout October in Bristol, Harpenden and on London’s Blackheath Common. Save 50% on Grandstand Tickets.
Freebie Family Fun
- Set off on a do-it-yourself adventure as the Southbank Centre has created a free Fairytale Trail (21 – 27 Oct)for families as part of the London Literature Festival. It’s free so just turn up
- Strut your Putt with FREE Mini Golf at Canary Wharf from 12noon everyday in Columbus Courtyard until Friday 1st November.
- Visiting the V&A? Take part in free activities during October Half Term, simply drop into the Lydia & Manfred Gorvy Lecture Theatre. And if you have a LittleBird Family Pass, don’t forget to enjoy your 10% saving in the cafe and £2 off exhibitions!
- Visiting the MOL? Be sure to check out the free hidden gem that is the Barbican Conservatory.
- The perfect spot for a picnic or to relax and unwind, enjoy the Queen Elizabeth Hall Roof Garden which is free to visit and relax amongst wildflowers.
For more October Half Term ideas and savings, check out our category on LittleBird…