SUMMER CHALLENGE ALERT
The Week Junior’s fantastic Summer of Reading challenge has arrived! With the help of literacy charity BookTrust, the team have handpicked 50 inspiring reads for 8-14s offering inspiration for everyone. Themes include Going Green, Fairy Tales with a Twist, Explore Outer Space, Real World Inspiration and of course Become a Superhero! Check out the booklist here
All you need to do is choose any three books you like, and when you’re ready, write a short review of each book and enter the challenge.
The Week Junior will pick four entries at random to win some fantastic book-related prizes. One lucky winner will receive a book bundle worth £250 plus a Bookily card from National Book Tokens, loaded with £10 per month for 6 months to spend in their favourite bookshops and online. Three runners up will also each win a Bookily card loaded with £10 per month for 6 months.
To find out more about the challenge and how you can enter, click here here
Top Tips help children enjoy reading:
- Find out what they’re interested in and help them to find reading material that connects to their passions. Use the challenge booklist or useful online resources online including Book Trust’s Book Finder.
- Start conversations about books. Encourage children to talk about what they’ve read and describe what they did and didn’t like about it.
- Suggest they find out more about their favourite authors. Many authors have their own websites and YouTube channels.
The first ever The Week Junior Summer of Reading LIVE! taking place on Saturday 16th July at The British Library in London
Hear from best-selling authors such as Phil Earle, Elle McNicoll, Peter Bunzl and Cerrie Burnell.
Featuring your favourite authors, live on stage. Join Sharna Jackson to hear about her brand new mystery adventure, take part in an interactive drawing masterclass with Rob Biddulph.
Use code LITTLEBIRD at the checkout to get 10% off tickets, click here
SPECIAL OFFER ALERT
As we all know, nurturing a love of reading can take children anywhere they can imagine; they can be the hero of a thousand stories, this summer and forever. Designed to encourage children to read – a skill that fires imagination, increases vocabulary, and boosts wellbeing – fire their imagination and subscribe. You’ll get your first 6 issues free AND receive 6 special summer issues (RRP £19.50), PLUS you’ll also get the free eGuide ‘Boost your writing superpower’, designed to help children unleash their creativity.
Subscribe in 3 Easy Steps
- Step 1: Select your delivery country
- Step 2: Choose whether it is a gift subscription
- Step 3: Subscribe to ‘Best Deal’ to receive your 6 Free Issues
Find out more here
Read our blog by LittleBird Mum Alex and what she thought about her family’s Week Junior subscription. Read her review here
This is a sponsored post.