The Postal Museum - Christmas Activities and Interactive and Creative Journey Through History
The Postal Museum, Clerkenwell
Suitable for 0-100 years
Relive the history of the world’s first “social network” at The Postal Museum in this fun and interactive hidden gem. Find the oldest letter in the museum's collection, discover why pirates might have wanted to steal the mail, meet the Post Office’s animal employees, and much, much more at the museum that is dedicated to making history fun for families.
Don’t miss a ride through Mail Rail’s 100-year-old postal tunnels on miniature train. There is even a twist just for Christmas!
Make the most of your visit and have fun with the Postal Museum's jam-packed festive holiday program of arts and crafts workshops, storytelling, and much more.
- Enjoy some arts and craft sessions including designing your very own festive floral wreath
- Personalise your very own hessian sack or decorate a pair of Christmas socks
- Plus add a personal touch to your Christmas gifts with your very own hand-made stationery and Christmas cards
- Ride Mail Rail or even discover London's best-kept secrets in an exclusive underground walk
- Kid’s 0-8 love Sorted! They’ll have a great time in this indoor play area and miniature postal town.
Mail Rail Christmas Ride, 1 Dec- 1 Jan 10:00 - 17:00
Christmas Special: Mail Rail tunnel walks. (at an extra cost ages 12+) Sat 15 Dec 20:00 - 21:30, 20:45 - 22:15
Festive Feet Arts & Crafts Workshop, 2 & 22 Dec, 11:00 - 16:00
Festive Florals: Wreath Workshop, (at an extra cost ages 12+) 8 and 15 Dec
Letters to Santa Talk, 10 Dec 11:00-15:00
Handmade Seasonal Stationery: Gift Tags & Wrapping Paper, 1 & 23 Dec 11:00 - 16:00
Dear Father Christmas...Workshop, 2 Dec 11:00-16:00
Magical Pop-Up Christmas Cards arts & crafts workshop, 8 & 9 Dec 11:00 - 16:00
First Class Sacks arts & crafts workshop, 9 & 15 Dec 11:00 - 16:00
Marvellous Marbling Inks arts & crafts workshop, 16 & 22 Dec 11:00 - 16:00
Henry Cole's Christmas storytelling, 16 Dec 11:30
- Postal Museum is open every day from 10am to 5pm
(closed 24, 25, 26 December)
- £10.45 for Child
- £17.05 for Adult
- £11.95* for Child with Sorted!
- £15.40 for Concession
- £15.40 for Disabled concession + companion
- £17.05 for Disabled adult + companion
- £10.45 for Disabled child + companion
Prices include a voluntary donation.
*Book a Child’s General Admission ticket and a Sorted! ticket for the same day. Discount will automatically be applied to your basket.
- Festive activities are included in your entry ticket excluding 'Festive Florals' and the 'Mail Rail Tunnel Walk'
- The Counter Cafe serves up hot drinks and freshly-prepared food, including healthy meals for the kids, sandwiches, salads and cakes and a range of hot and cold drinks to eat in or take away.
- Located in both The Postal Museum & Mail Rail, their two shops offer unique gifts for all ages.
- Buggy park available (limited)
- Baby changing facilities.