Roman Dead Exhibition at the Museum of London Docklands
Museum of London Docklands, West India Quay
Until 28th October 2018
Suitable for 7+ years
In Southwark last year, a Roman sarcophagus was found and is now being displayed alongside skeletons and cremated remains of the finds of other archaeological excavations. It features 28 Roman Londoners and over 200 burial objects, and the exhibition seeks to explore how Romans dealt with death.
- Join for an interactive show exploring the traditions of Romans and how they treated their dead: 'Styx, Stones and Roman bones'
- An interactive free show for ages 7+, which follows the journey of a Roman who is trying to cross the River Styx to the underworld
- Get stuck in and explore all the artefacts of the exhibition afterwards
- Plus check out the museum's interactive Mudlarks gallery for kids.
- Entrance into the museum is free
- Museum is open daily from 10am-6pm
- Styx, Stones and Roman bones is a free show but must book in advance via the MOL website
- Performances at 11:30am and 1:30pm, Wednesday - Saturday
- 'Styx, Stones and Roman bones' is suitable for ages 7+
- The performance runs for 45 minutes
- You must book in advance via the website
- The Roman Dead exhibition is advised as suitable for 8+ as it does contain human remains of Roman adults and children.