Othello at the Unicorn Theatre - A Fantastic Retelling of Shakespeare's Text for Ages 8+, 40% off
The Unicorn Theatre, Southwark
A new Shakespearean retelling this Half Term
Saturday 10th February - Saturday 17th February
Suitable for 8-12 years
Introduce the kids to Shakespeare the way Shakespeare intended, with a play! Inspired by William Shakespeare’s great tragedy, this is a modern, funny and inspired play that brings the story of Othello to life for younger audiences and reflects on the nature of relationships, friendships and how our flaws and feelings can blind us to the truth.
Othello, the bold, brash, confident soldier, and Desdemona, the Senator’s daughter, are truly in love – but not everyone is happy about it. And that is where the problem begins and tolerance ends.
- Don’t miss your opportunity to experience Shakespeare’s classic text like never before.
- A modern tale of complicated relationships
- What better way to introduce kids to the epic storytelling of Shakespeare?
- The audience will be weeping tears of both laughter and sorrow.
- One of Shakespeare’s greatest tragedies retold for ages 8-12
- A tale of prejudice, love, jealousy, betrayal that will enthrall any viewer into the world of the Bard
LittleBird Top Tip
Looking for a younger show? Why not check out SeeSaw at the Unicorn Theatre a heartfelt show for ages 3-6. Or if you're looking to carry on the Shakespearean experience why not head to the Shakespeare’s Globe Exhibition and Tour to inspire the kids and learn more about Shakespeare!
- Saturday 10th February 5pm
- Sunday 13th February 5pm - SOLD OUT
- Wednesday 14th February 2pm
- Thursday 15th February 5pm - This is a relaxed performance*
- Saturday 17th February 5pm - SOLD OUT
- £7.20 for Child Tickets (Under 18s) - Band A, 40% off
- £10.75 for Adult Tickets - Band A, 40% off
- Recommended for ages 8 - 12
- Duration: Approx 1 hr
- Limited Availability
- Only valid for the performance for which you have purchased
- Seating is allocated by the theatre by best available at time of purchase
- *A relaxed performance is intended specifically to be sensitive to and accepting of audience members who may benefit from a more relaxed environment, including (but not limited to) those with autistic spectrum conditions, anyone with sensory and communication disorders or learning disabled people. This means that there is a more casual-than-usual approach to front-of-house etiquette and the theatre asks audience members to be aware of people's needs to move or make involuntary noise.
- If you are attending a relaxed performance, a visual story will be made available ahead of your visit. Touch tours at the Unicorn introduce visually impaired visitors to the show, its props and set. Contact the Box Office team on 020 7645 0560 to book.
- No refunds or exchanges available
- Please print out your e-Ticket and present it at the Box Office 30 mins prior to the performance.
- You will receive your e-Ticket via email once you have purchased.
Sorry, currently unavailable.