HMS Belfast - Climb Aboard This Unique WWII Battleship and Discover Life at Sea!
HMS Belfast, Southbank
Brings History to Life!
Suitable for 0-100 years
Part of Imperial War Museums the HMS Belfast was once home to a crew of up to 950 men now this magnificent ship tells the stories of those who lived and worked on board this warship during the Second World War and beyond.
Explore nine decks of amazing history, from the daily drudgery of peeling spuds in the Galley to the sights and sounds of controlling a fleet of ships in the interactive Operations Room.
- Imagine sleeping in one of the tightly-packed hammocks during convoy duties in icy Arctic waters.
- How about being stationed deep in the bowels of the ship when she opened fire in support of Allied troops on D-Day.
- Hear veterans’ first-hand experiences in the Life at Sea exhibition.
- Discover for yourself what it would have been like to be in the midst of a battle in the thrilling Gun Turret Experience.
- Take control of a fleet off North Borneo in the interactive Operations Room.
- Find out about the experiences of those on board the ship in the Life at Sea exhibition.
- £8.15 for Child Tickets (5-15yrs)
- £13.05 for Concession Tickets
- £16.35 for Adult (16+) Tickets
- Children under 5 are FREE.
- An audio guide highlight tour of HMS Belfast provides an insight into this historic ship. Hear battle stories from the Second World War and beyond- Audio guides are free for every visitor and are available in English, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Mandarin, Polish, Russian and Spanish) A family audio guide is also available.
- During adverse weather, it may become necessary for certain ladders and upper decks on HMS Belfast to be closed at short notice. Please ask a member of staff onboard for more information.
- The nature of the ship makes access to some areas below decks impossible for wheelchair users. However, the following is available:
- A wheelchair lift from the gangway to the Quarterdeck where the tours begins
- Wheelchairs are available to loan
- Accessible toilets
- Assistance dogs for the deaf and sight impaired are welcome and will have no problem navigating the deck. However, the nature of the ship will make access to some areas below decks extremely difficult.
- All visitors are provided with a free hand-held personal audio guide.
- Modifications have been made to the Deck, the Quarterdeck, Boat House and Walrus Café to make them accessible to wheelchair users.
- Children are aged 5-15yrs.
- No refunds are available after purchase.