FAMILY PASS MEMBERS ONLY: Museum of Brands, Exploring how brands shape our world, 50% off
A family trip down memory lane, one brand at a time
Suitable for 0-100 years
Curious consumers and advert-addicts wanted! Pop down to the Museum of Brands to discover a nostalgic journey through 200 years of consumer culture .
The Museum of Brands was established in 1984 and takes visitors on a nostalgic journey through 200 years of social change, consumer culture and lifestyle.
The collection comprises over half a million items concentrating on those areas that have transformed daily life – entertainment, travel, leisure, music, fashion and children’s toys, plus postcards, magazines, wartime ephemera and royal souvenirs. It represents a vast social history, providing evidence of the dynamic evolution in our consumer lifestyle, along with the way that technology has enabled change and progress. The story is told through the visual medium of design, graphics and commercial art.
- Be amazed at the once-cutting-edge antiques from past generations from your parents and grandparents’ toys and games to their favourite sweets and snacks!
- Kids will love following the free family trail to see how all their favourite chocs, sweeties, cereals and more have evolved from their classic designs to the colourful creations of today
- Enjoy fascinating exhibitions covering topics from the past, the present and the future
- Don’t forget to pop into the Museum café, where delicious fresh lunches are offered daily, along with coffees, teas, and more
- Sit back, relax, and enjoy your refreshments while taking in the beauty of the picturesque courtyard garden
- Hear from the experts! Find out what Talks are on and learn more about the cultural and social effects of branding and marketing in our world
- Get excited about your visit and check out online resources for families here, there's lots of design ideas plus a virtual scavenger hunt too.
WHAT'S NEW IN 2022:
Dates: 25 November 2022 to 6 January 2023
A new display featuring the top-selling Christmas toys of the 20th Century. Toys will include Star Wars, Simon, Atari Video Computer System and Bratz dolls. Children are invited to explore our Time Tunnel by helping us fill our pretend Christmas Stocking, ready for Santa’s collection, before creating their very own Christmas tree decoration out of recycled packaging.
Dates: 19 November 2022 to 05 February 2023
Visitors will be able to see three beautifully designed woven crests, created by Holland-based designers 75B. The tapestries are created to celebrate cities from around the world through popular brands and icons that resonate with daily life. On display will be the London Woven Crest, alongside crests from Amsterdam and Rome. Visitors will be invited to collectively draw up their own tapestry as a craft activity.
LittleBird Top Tip
Don’t forget to visit the Branding Hall to discover must-see temporary exhibitions and enjoy seasonal family activities!
- Monday to Saturday : 10am – 6pm
- Sunday and Bank Holidays: 11am – 5pm
- Toys, Tech and Tamagotchis: From 25 November 2022 to 6 January 2023
- Woven Cities: The unveiling of London’s Woven Crest: From 19 November 2022 to 05 February 2023
Prices (With Saving):
- Exhibitions included in admission cost
- Adults: £4.50
- Children: £2.50
- Concessions: £3.50
- Family: £12.00
- Under 7s: Free!
- To qualify for the saving you must visit with at least one adult and one child
- You will need to pre- book your tickets prior to visiting.
You will need to pre- book your tickets prior to visiting.
Please click Use Voucher to get the code to use at the Museum of Brands checkout.
Not currently available.