Epping Ongar Railway 3 in 1 Ticket with Unlimited Travel for the Day - A Fantastic Summer Day Out, 35% off
Epping Ongar Railway, Essex
Awarded the Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence
Wednesday 26th July - Wednesday 30th August
Suitable for 0-100 years
Step back in time and experience the romance of travel in bygone times as you pass through picturesque countryside, beautiful forest and historic towns. Epping Ongar Railway is both the longest heritage railway in Essex and the closest to London, their vintage buses start from the front door of Epping and Shenfield stations, and whisk you back in time to the period stations, with heritage steam and diesel hauled trains.
All travel tickets are flexible so that you can start your journey at any location and tailor your day out to suit your requirements, and you can travel on each heritage transport more than once, though at peak times the fair usage policy applies.
- Both steam and diesel trains, plus heritage buses
- All three heritage transport experiences are included in one great value ticket
- Valid all day long
- Each station and stop is unique, situated in some of Essex's finest countryside take a look at what's along the branch here
- No visit to the railway is complete without visiting the Gift Shops at Ongar or North Weald
- The friendly volunteer team will be pleased to welcome and assist you!
- Cold drinks, ice cream, chocolates and snacks are always available from the Café
One of the great features of the Epping Ongar Railway is that it's easy to get to by public transport - especially important in London. Take the tube to Epping Underground Station and the heritage bus will pick you up from right outside.
Alternatively, there are two morning buses from Shenfield Station (be sure to check the timetables). Parking is available at Epping Underground Station and Ongar Town Centre for which charges may apply.
"Excellent, value for money day out. Steam and diesel trains as well as RT and RM buses. Can ride in the cab of the train for a small fee, souvenir tickets as a reminder of the day. Recommended and Brilliant for all the family."
"We took our 3 grandchildren out for the day, we went on the train 3 times as the kids enjoyed it so much. The day we went they had Paw Patrol characters there and although the queues were long it was so well organised you didn't have to wait long to have your pictures taken, free of charge. We got the underground to Epping then took an old routemaster green bus to Epping Ongar railway, all included in the price of your ticket, great day had by all."
"Went there in August and accidentally spent the whole day there, it may seem like a dull thing but there's just something about going back and forward on a steam train in the old cars (which are very nice for their age). It is genuinely a fantastic day out, may be even better if you have young kids. Would recommend it highly"
- Wednesday 26th July
- Wednesday 2nd August
- Wednesday 9th August
- Wednesday 16th August
- Wednesday 23rd August
- Saturday 26th August
- Sunday 27th August
- Monday 28th August
- Wednesday 30th August
- £4.55 for Child (aged 3-15) Ticket, 35% off
- £7.80 for Senior Ticket (over 60, ID will be requested), 35% off
- £8.45 for Adult Ticket, 35% off
- £22.10 for Family Ticket (2 adults and up to 3 children), 35% off
- Under 3s go Free
- Travel tickets are valid for unlimited travel on the trains and buses, ALL day long.
- Only valid for the date for which you have purchased.
- Please see online timetable for exact train and bus times on the days here
- Details of the times of trains, connecting heritage bus services and the fares are here
- For crowd safety and security you will need to purchase a valid travel or platform ticket to enter the platforms areas.
- Step-free access available on trains; no step-free access on buses.
- All children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult, who assumes all responsibility for them.
- 14 day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted.
- Please print out your e-Ticket and present it along with personal ID at the entrance
- You will receive your e-Ticket via email once you have purchased.
Sorry, currently unavailable.