Century of the Child: Nordic Design for Children 1900 to Today at the V&A Museum of Childhood
The V&A Museum of Childhood
Friday 30 March – Sunday 2 September 2018
Suitable for 0-100 years
The V&A Museum of Childhood has amassed a collection of everything from the Moomins to LEGO for their new exhibition Century of the Child: Nordic Design for Children 1900 to Today. With a host of Nordic-inspired interactives for families to explore and enjoy this amazing show investigates the influences which have helped forge Nordic design and examines how children have inspired some of the century’s most progressive designs, architecture and literature.
As well as influential toys and characters, the exhibition will examine 'Nordic Icons', including IKEA, BabyBjörn and Arne Jacobsen. Don't miss out on this exciting new installation that is sure to capture the hearts, minds, and imaginations of your little ones.
- A host of interactive, Nordic-inspired activities for families to explore.
- Explore the Nordic designs that changed childhoods
- Celebrating the creative freedom of children
- Inspired by the groundbreaking book, The Century of the Child by Swedish social theorist, Ellen Key
- This exhibition was created by Museum Vandalorum, Sweden, in collaboration with Designmuseum Danmark and Design Museum Helsinki.
Easter Holiday Activities - 2nd-13th April - Inspired by Nature
During the School holidays, there will be a selection of drop-in activities and paid workshops inspired by the colours and shapes of flowers and plants.
LittleBird Top Tip
While you're here, make sure you check out the construction toys collection and doll's house collection the V&A Museum of Childhood have over 100 doll houses and the construction toys includes Helta skelta, Mr Potatoe Head and of course LEGO! For more info see here
- Friday 30 March – Sunday 2 September 2018
- Open 10am - 5.45pm daily