Young Film Academy Summer Courses For Kids And Young People, Save Up To £120. Get Involved In Film Making
Perfect Summer Activity!
Dates Throughout Summer
Suitable for 5-16 years
The Young Film Academy (YFA) is the UK’s leading provider of filmmaking courses, schools film making programmes, community filmmaking projects, film making outreach events and kids film parties to young people aged 6-19.
- Inspire your kids into film.
- Unleash their creativity and help them to self express.
- Learn news skills.
- Great fun for the summer.
- Perfect for ages 6-19 of all abilities.
- YFA is a hub to find top UK emerging talent.
- Educational and fun!
"My sons couldn't have had a happier time with Young Film Academy and now seem to know more about film making than I do. This is quite awkward. -
Richard Curtis (Love Actually, Four Weddings and a Funeral, Notting Hill, Bridget Jones' Diary)
Residential Summer Camp - 1 or 2 week course
1 Week: 31 July – 7th August or 7th August – 14th August 2016
2 Weeks: 31 July – 14th August 2016
Location: St Catherine's Bramley, Station Road, Bramley, Guildford GU5 0DF.
Eat, sleep and breathe movies, camp includes all board, meals, tuition, excursions, equipment and activities. Students on YFA Summer Camp will divide into 2 crews: FILMMAKING CREW (for aspiring filmmakers) & ACTING CREW (for aspiring actors). Develop specialised skills in own discipline though practical exercises, workshops and masterclasses with film industry professionals.
Make a Film in a Day
Courses are held on 18 July (St John’s Wood), 18 July (Chelsea), 25th July (Putney), 29 August (Putney)
Participants on Make a Film in a Day courses are given an overview of the whole filmmaking process from EUREKA!, through ACTION! to IT'S A WRAP!
4 Day Film School
Course are held on 18-21 July (Putney), 19-22 July (St. John's Wood), 19-22 July (Chelsea), 25-28 July (Chelsea), 25-28 July (St. John's Wood), 25-28 July (Shoreditch), 26-29 July (Putney), 30 August - 2 September (St. John's Wood), 30 August - 2 September (Putney)
Embark on a whistle-stop tour of film’s origins and history: they learn the basics of acting, writing, editing, camerawork and even fight choreography – before they get out there and do it for themselves.
Animation 4 Day Course: Make a Lego Movie!
Course is held on 26 - 29 July (St. John's Wood)
Students will work in teams to write, shoot and edit short animation films, using Lego to create sets and animate their own characters and stories in professional lighting setups. Students will add professional sound FX, voiceovers, and post-production assets - all in a race against the clock......to produce? Your own 'Lego The Movie!'
- £930 for the Residential Summer Camp, 1 Week, 6% off (usually £990).
- £1860 for the Residential Summer Camp, 2 Weeks, 6% off (usually £1980).
- £108 for the Make a Film in a Day Course, 6% off (usually £115).
- £460 for the 4 Day Film School Course, 6% off (usually £490).
- £460 for the Animation 4 Day Course: Make a Lego Movie!, 6% off (usually £490).
- Please see above for the summer course dates and locations.
- You will need to make your date and location booking by phoning YFA.
- Please book asap to secure your date and location.
- Autumn dates and locations available to book.
- Please see website for Autumn and Winter dates and locations.
- Subject to availability.
- Actual venues will be listed in your order confirmation, or you can see them here.
- You will receive your Order Confirmation via email once you have purchased.
- Sold by YFA.
from £108 Save 6%
Sorry, currently unavailable.