UCL It's All Academic Festival - Bursting with Free Activities for All Ages!
University College London, Bloomsbury
A great day out filled with fun and learning
Saturday 15 September 2018 10am-5pm
Suitable for 0-100 years
Tell tales of shipwrecks sailors and serpents, make creature creations, have fun with neurology crafts, and conduct a robot orchestra in a unique festival that brings together a range of talks, tours, workshops, pop-up events and interactive experiences for all ages.
At the It’s All Academic Festival you can go behind the scenes in the museums to discover mystery specimens, quiz leading academics and get hands-on with some of UCL's most exciting research in a family-friendly experience that will have visitors of all ages asking questions and having fun
- Glitter without the litter with eco-friendly face-painting
- Create works of art inspired by some of the weird and wonderful animals that call the Grant Museum home
- Be inspired by tales of shipwreck, sailors and serpents, add your ideas and make your own shadow puppets (Booking advised)
- Conduct a robot orchestra, control a robotic bell and find out how technology is changing lives.
- Enjoy interactive virtual reality artworks
- Play Sea Hero Quest, a game invented by UCL scientists to help understand more about how the brain navigates.
- Build your own brain and find out more about how it all fits together.
- Have a go at calligraphy, painting and music workshops and so much more!
- In between, relax and re-energise with live music and a range of pop-up food and drink stalls
- Saturday 15 September 2018 10am-5pm
- Some events may require booking in advance. Please see here for more details
- The Festival takes place all day on UCL’s campus in Bloomsbury – main entrance on Gower Street, nearest tubes Warren Street, Euston, Euston Square and King’s Cross
- Visit the Festival Hub on the day inside a red double-decker bus parked in the main Quad where you enter from Gower Street for all Festival information, including your free maps and guides to what's on.
- Student ambassadors will also be out in force to help you find your way around - spot them in their pink It's All Academic t-shirts.
- UCL alumni have exclusive access to free refreshments, activities and live music throughout the day in the popular Alumni and Supporters Lounge.