Shakespeare's Globe Exhibition - A Fascinating Day Out in an Extraordinary Place, Up to 33% off
No need to book, go any day!
Use by 31st October 2018
Suitable for 7+ years
Explore the life of Shakespeare, the London where he lived, and the theatre for which he wrote. Imagine the Globe as it would have been: the centre of what was once London's most notorious entertainment district and inspire the playwrights of the future.
- Tickets from just £3 with Family ticket for just £12!
- Inspire the kids and learn more as a family about Shakespeare and the theatre for which he wrote
- Ideal for supporting both school work and curious minds
- Enjoy exciting live demonstrations that take place throughout the day including stage fighting and Elizabethan clothing
- Pick up a free family trail at the exhibition entrance
- There is a complimentary audio guide for the exhibition – to ensure you don’t miss out on any of the fun facts
- Download the Shakespeare's Globe 360 app or enjoy the Globe fact sheets before you go with the kids and get excited
- Check out the online Globe Playground which is filled with facts, games and activities for kids
Current Temporary Exhibition: Keith Michell: Hamlet on Bankside
- Australian-born actor, singer, composer, painter and illustrator, Keith Michell, was perhaps best known for his portrayals of King Henry VIII on film and television.
- He also had an illustrious career on stage in numerous roles and was an accomplished artist.
- Keith played Hamlet in 1972 in the ‘Bankside Globe Playhouse’, a temporary venue set up by Sam Wanamaker near the current Globe site.
- Currently, visitors can see the display of two oil paintings by Keith, inspired by characters in the production, and ten of his prints inspired by Shakespeare's sonnets.
LittleBird Top Tip
Situated on the Bankside, why not make a day of it and pop by Tate Modern (just next door) or hop on a boat and go for a cruise on the Thames.
- Use by 31st October 2018
- £3 for Child Ticket (5-15 years), 38% off
- £4.50 for Adult Ticket, 33% off
- £12 for Family Ticket (up to 2 adults & 3 children), 41% off
- Under 5s Free
- These tickets are for the Exhibition ONLY and do not include the guided tours
- Tickets for the guided tours can be bought at the admissions desk on the day, every day
- Children aged 7+ will enjoy the Exhibition most, although all ages are welcome
- Exhibition is open from Monday - Sunday 9am – 5.30pm (Last admission 5.00pm)
- Please note Shakespeare’s Globe is a working theatre, the Exhibition may occasionally not be available; or an alternative may be offered, due to events, rehearsals, and performances. Please visit the Shakespeare’s Globe Calendar before your visit or call +44 (0)20 7902 1500 to find out about our latest opening times.
- Access to the theatre itself is only possible with a guided tour.
- You can take photographs throughout the Exhibition.
- Unfortunately, as they are both working theatres access to the Globe Theatre or the Sam Wanamaker Playhouse without a guide is prohibited. There are no viewing platforms or grilles so if you are not on a tour or watching a play you will be unable to see inside the Globe Theatre or Sam Wanamaker Playhouse.
- The Exhibition is fully accessible with lifts leading to each section of the Exhibition and up to the Globe Theatre piazza level.
- Drinks are permitted on tours and in the Exhibition, as long as they are in a bottle or in a container with a sealable lid.
- Photo credits: John Wildgoose
- Please print off your LittleBird e-Ticket and present it at Shakespeare’s Globe Exhibition & Tour admission desk
- e-Tickets shown on phones will not be accepted