Pirate Fun at the V&A Museum of Childhood
The V&A Museum of Childhood
Shiver me timbers! The Pirate’s Life for Me exhibition runs until 22 April 2019
Special events from 27th December - Friday 22 February 2019
Suitable for 0-8 years
In honour of the V&A Museum of Childhood’s amazing new exhibition focusing on fictional pirates and their influence in popular culture, this Winter visit the Museum for amazing (and piratey) family fun
Suited for the youngest visitors, the Pirate’s Life for Me exhibition will transport them into a swashbuckling world of adventure from a moody coastal inn to an island paradise in search of sparkling riches. At its heart, a large-scale pirate ship inspires learning through active play.
- Don't miss the first painting of Captain Pugwash, an original illustrated costume design for Captain Hook for the first production of Peter Pan in 1904
- Plus see Lego’s iconic Black Seas Barracuda ship and real eighteenth-century Spanish doubloons!
- Kids can see what amazing history influenced their favourite pirate characters.
- Don't forget to explore the V&A’s collections, including toys, games, books, illustrations and comics, spanning over 300 years.
- Plus this Half Term there's a host of activities for kids to commandeer!
Big Fish Little Fish: Pirates Family Rave - Saturday 26 January, 12.00-14.00 & 15.00-17.00, £13 for adults, £8 for children, £0 for pre-walking children
- Avast me hearties! Set sail with the award-winning, world-famous Big Fish Little Fish crew
- Hop on board ye landlubber and dance together on a floor filled with bubbles, balloons, glitter and topped by the parachute dance!
- Get piratically crafty on the craft tables, enjoy some shore leave in the baby chill out or play areas.
- Fancy dress encouraged.
- Price includes complimentary drinks
Chinese New Year 2019 - Saturday 9 February 2019, 11 – 16.30, Free, drop in
- Celebrate the Chinese New Year with Lion traditional dancing, martial arts performances, calligraphy and craft stalls and a Chinese children’s art exhibition.
Storytelling: London Folk Tales for Children - Saturday 16 February, 2pm, Free, drop-in, all ages
London is a place full of stories. Stories of all the different people who live here, but London itself has a story to tell… Join in storytellers/writers Sef Townsend and Anne Johnson for a special storytelling session.
Family Portrait Workshop with Amy Brown - Monday 18 – Friday 22 February, 10.40, 12.30 & 14.40 (80 min), £7, for ages 4+
- Work with illustrator Amy Brown to create your own family portrait using a range of craft materials.
- The A Pirate’s Life for Me exhibition will run until 22 April 2019
- Ahoy! Film screenings - Thursday 27 – Saturday 29 December (Please see Best Bits for more info)
- Big Fish Little Fish: Pirates Family Rave - Saturday 26 January
- Entrance to the A Pirate’s Life for Me Exhibition: FREE
- Ahoy! Film screenings: £4 per person (free for under 3s)
- Big Fish Little Fish: Pirates Family Rave: £13 for adults, £8 for children, £0 for pre-walking children
- Open 10am - 5.45pm daily
- The A Pirate’s Life for Me exhibition will run from 20 October 2018 – 22 April 2019
- Some of the Workshops will incur a small charge please see "Dates and Prices" for more information
Big Fish Little Fish: Pirates Family Rave
- Recommended for families with 0-8-year olds but all ages welcome.
- Booking essential. £13.00 per adult, £8.00 per child, non-walkers go free.
- Prices includes 2 x complimentary drinks alcoholic and / or non-alcoholic available for adults and unlimited squash and water for kids.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult. Max. 3 children per adult. Max. 4 adults per child.
- Adults are not admitted unless accompanied by a child.
- For group bookings of 10 people or more, the ratio needs to be 1 adult per 2 children of any age. There will be no discounts for group bookings.
- Tickets are non-refundable.
- Each member of your group must have a ticket, pre-walking infants are free but must have a ticket