Pirate Fun at the V&A Museum of Childhood
The V&A Museum of Childhood
Shiver me timbers! The Pirate’s Life for Me exhibition runs until 22 April 2019
Special activities for kids available until the Easter Holidays
Suitable for 0-8 years
In honour of the V&A Museum of Childhood’s amazing new exhibition focusing on fictional pirates and their influence in popular culture, this Winter visit the Museum for amazing (and piratey) family fun
Suited for the youngest visitors, the Pirate’s Life for Me exhibition will transport them into a swashbuckling world of adventure from a moody coastal inn to an island paradise in search of sparkling riches. At its heart, a large-scale pirate ship inspires learning through active play.
- Don't miss the first painting of Captain Pugwash, an original illustrated costume design for Captain Hook for the first production of Peter Pan in 1904
- Plus see Lego’s iconic Black Seas Barracuda ship and real eighteenth-century Spanish doubloons!
- Kids can see what amazing history influenced their favourite pirate characters.
- Don't forget to explore the V&A’s collections, including toys, games, books, illustrations and comics, spanning over 300 years.
- Plus this Term Term there's a host of activities for kids to commandeer!
Monday – Friday
- 2pm - Animal Magic - Interactive storytelling inspired by well-loved animal tales. (18 months – 5 years)
- 2:30pm - 4pm - Arts & Crafts - Get creative with these drop-in sessions, and make a piece of art inspired by the Museum’s collection to take home.
- 10.45-11.30 & 12.00-12.45 - Open Play (NEW!) - Touch, move and explore – an open-ended play session in a bespoke environment created by artist Albert Potrony. (10.45-11.30, 6 months to pre-walking), (12.00-12.45, walking – 4 years). FREE, booking essential – click here for more
- 2pm - 4pm - Art & Crafts
- 10.30am - Animal Magic
- 11.30-12.45 - Play at the Museum - Have a go at toys you can find on display at these themed sessions highlighting areas of the Collection.
- 2pm - Telling Tales - Listen to storytelling featuring popular children’s tales. Children can help tell the story in this interactive session
- 2:40pm - 4pm - Art & Crafts
LittleBird Top Tip
Don't Forget! If you have a LittleBird Family Pass you can get 10% off in any of the V&A Museum of Childhood Cafés, find out more here
- The A Pirate’s Life for Me exhibition will run until 22 April 2019
- Activities run until the Easter Holidays
- Entrance to the A Pirate’s Life for Me Exhibition: FREE
- All activities are FREE, drop-in, for all ages unless otherwise stated.
- Open Play, FREE, booking essential – click here for more
- Open 10am - 5.45pm daily
- The A Pirate’s Life for Me exhibition will run from 20 October 2018 – 22 April 2019
- Some of the Workshops may incur a small charge please see "Dates and Prices" for more information