Family Fun at the V&A Museum of Childhood
The V&A Museum of Childhood
Special activities for kids available during Term Time and May Half Term
Home to the national collection of childhood-related objects, the V&A Museum of Childhood is an informative and fun journey down memory lane. There's lots of free fun things to do for all ages, from exhibitions and displays to activities for children, with fascinating and fun exhibitions that bring aspects of childhood to life.
The Museum also runs free activities every day including arts and crafts, storytelling and play sessions.
Monday – Friday
2pm - Animal Magic
- Join interactive storytelling inspired by well-loved animal tales.
- 18 months – 5 years
2:30pm – 4pm - Arts & Crafts
- Get creative with drop-in sessions, and make a piece of art inspired by the Museum’s collection to take home.
10.45-11.30 & 12.00-12.45 - Open Play (FREE, booking essential)
- Touch, move and explore – an open-ended play session in a bespoke environment created by artist Albert Potrony.
- Book a session from Open Play: babies (10.45-11.30, 6 months to pre-walking), or Open Play: toddlers (12.00-12.45, walking – 4 years).
- 6 months – 4 years
2pm – 4pm - Arts & Crafts
10:30am - Animal Magic
11.30-12.45pm - Play at the Museum
- Come and have a go at toys you can find on display at these themed sessions highlighting areas of the Collection.
2pm - Telling Tales
- Listen to storytelling featuring popular children’s tales.
- Children can help tell the story in this interactive session
2:40pm – 4pm - Arts & Crafts
LittleBird Top Tip
Don't Forget! If you have a LittleBird Family Pass you can get 10% off in any of the V&A Museum of Childhood Cafés, find out more here
- The Playing with Buildings exhibition runs until March 2020
- All activities are FREE, drop-in, for all ages unless otherwise stated.
- Open Play, FREE, booking essential – click here for more
- Open 10am - 5.45pm daily
- Some of the Workshops may incur a small charge please see the "Best Bits" for more information