Family Fun at the V&A Museum of Childhood
The V&A Museum of Childhood
Special activities for kids available during Term Time and School Holidays
Home to the national collection of childhood-related objects, the V&A Museum of Childhood is an informative and fun journey down memory lane. There's lots of free fun things to do for all ages, from exhibitions and displays to activities for children, with fascinating and fun exhibitions that bring aspects of childhood to life.
Winter Holidays: Make & Do Christmas - Friday 20 December – Sunday 5 January, 10.30-16.00 (Free, drop-in, all ages)
- Head to the Museum for free, festive creative activities, pop-up performances and marvel at their massive ceiling Christmas tree.
Craft it! Christmas - Mon – Fri, 11.15 – 12.45 & 14.40 – 16.00, Sat & Sun, 14.00 – 16.00, Fri 27, Sat28 & Sun29 December, 11.00 – 12.30 & 14.00 – 16.00 (Free, drop-in, all ages)
- Take inspiration from the Christmas tree and choose from a variety of materials, to make your own delightful decorations.
Pop Up Performance - Friday 27 – Sunday 29 December, 10.30, 12.00 & 13.30 (Free, drop-in, all ages)
- You’re invited to a very special Victorian Christmas party. From Christmas trees to greeting cards, see for yourself how the Victorians invented Christmas as we know it today and how children used to entertain themselves.
- Performed by Naomi Sparrow and Elliott Ajai-Ajagbe Daley.
Festive Stories - Monday – Friday & Sunday, 14.00 (excluding 27 & 29 December) (Free, drop-in, all ages)
- Enjoy an interactive storytelling session inspired by the festive season.
Open Play - Saturday (excluding 28 Dec) 10.45 – 11.30: 6 months – pre-walking , 12.00 – 12.45: walking – 4 years (Free, booking essential)
- Touch, move and explore – an open-ended play session in a bespoke environment created by artist Albert Potrony.
Play at The Museum - Sundays, 10.30 – 11.45 (excluding 29 December) (Free, drop-in, all ages)
- Play with toys at these themed sessions highlighting areas of the Collection.
Storytime for Under 5s - Monday – Friday, 10.30 (excluding 27 December) (Free, 18 months – 5 years, drop-in)
- Join our interactive storytelling for under 5s.
LittleBird Top Tip
Don't Forget! If you have a LittleBird Family Pass you can get 10% off in any of the V&A Museum of Childhood Cafés, find out more here
- The Playing with Buildings exhibition runs until March 2020
- All activities are FREE, drop-in, for all ages unless otherwise stated.
- Open Play, FREE, booking essential – click here for more
- Open 10am - 5.45pm daily
- Some of the Workshops may incur a small charge please see the "Best Bits" for more information