Summer at the Southbank Centre
A summer jam-packed full of family fun
25th July - 27th August 2018
Suitable for 0-100 years
The Southbank Centre hosts a range of indoor and outdoor family friendly activities in central London.
There are lots of exciting upcoming events including:
- The Nelson Mandela The Centenary Exhibition 2018, an exhibition running until 19th August, that marks the 100 years since the iconic leader's birth. Bring your kids along and learn about the fight for equality.
- Cool off in this summer heat with the interactive Danish sculpture Appearing Rooms Fountain. Get soaked as the shooting jets of water create rooms that disappear as quickly as they reappear
- Enjoy an interactive outdoor summer film screening presented by Electric Pedals where you have the choice to jump on the bike to pedal power the screen or alternatively sit back and enjoy the film with some popcorn whilst the sun sets over the Thames. Films include family classics like Sister Act, Hairspray, The Greatest Showman and Grease!
- Join in for a weekend of free workshops and performances at Circus 250 Weekend, as part of the national celebrations marking 250 years of circus.
- Get a taste of the seaside at the Southbank Centre Beach and enjoy 85 tonnes of golden sand to play with (bring your own bucket and spade!)
- Follow the young inventor Monty as he creates a whole world of wacky inventions and incredible monsters in the energetic show, Monstersaurus. Save 20% on tickets with LittleBird exclusive saving
- Watch puppetry with its very own magical score come alive in How to Catch a Star, the 5 star rated Trustpilot performance. Purchase tickets with LittleBird
LittleBird Top Tip
Enjoy the capital's best street food at the Southbank Centre's food market
- Nelson Mandela: The Centenary Exhibition 2018 17th July - 19th August
- Jeppe Hein's Appearing Rooms Fountain 26th May - 9th September 2018
- Summer Film Night - 1st, 8th, 15th & 22nd August - 9.15pm
- Circus 250 Weekend 17th August - 19th August
- Southbank Centre Beach 25th May - 9th September
- Monstersaurus! from 7th August - 12th August
- How to Catch a Star 23rd August - 27th August
- Nelson Mandela: The Centenary Exhibition - Free
- Jeppe Hein's Appearing Rooms Fountain - Free
- Summer Film Night - Free
- Circus 250 Weekend - Free
- Southbank Centre Beach - Free
- Monstersaurus Kids - £6.40, 20% off with LittleBird exclusive saving
- Monstersaurus Adults - £12.80, 20% off with LittleBird exclusive saving
- How to Catch a Star - £14
- Please check the Southbank Centre website for more details and events
- Indoor venues at Southbank Centre have varying opening times