Churchill War Rooms, London
Suitable for 5+ years
Get a thrilling glimpse inside the original wartime bunker that sheltered Prime Minister Winston Churchill and his government during the WWII blitz of London. Explore the historic rooms and hear about the secret history, military strategies and secrets that were discussed in these underground tunnels.
Find out more about the legacy of Sir Winston Churchill in the interactive Churchill Museum which is the first major museum in the world soley dedicated to this former Prime Minister.
- Using fascinating multimedia displays and cutting edge technology to explore Churchill's world
- See everything from devoted letters he wrote to his wife, to photo and film clips of his early life.
- Hear extracts from Churchill's rousing wartime speeches as you stand on the squares to activate Churchill's voice delivering now familiar phrases such as "Blood, toil, tears and sweat" and "We shall fight them on the beaches".
- Nearby stands the original No.10 door that Churchill walked through after coming Prime Minister.
- £11 for Child Ticket (5-15 years)
- £22 for Adult Ticket
- £17.60 for Concession Ticket
- The audio guide provides insight into Churchill’s Cabinet War Rooms. Featuring highlights for this historic setting, it provides insight into Churchill’s life and the decisions he made which changed the course of history.
- Audio guides are included in your admission price and you can choose between a variety of languages, (English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Hebrew, Portuguese and Mandarin), a family guide and a descriptive guide for visitors with visual impairment.
- If you have a mobility issue, it is recommended that customers make their way to the front entrance via Birdcage Walk by St James Park. Once inside, the historic Churchill War Rooms is wheelchair accessible throughout.
- Including a lift to the basement level, Mobility accessible toilets, two wheelchairs are available on site for people that may need assistance during their visit.
- Guide dogs and hearing dogs are welcome.
- For the hearing impaired, an earpiece is available for the hand held audio guide, or you can obtain a copy of the sound guide transcript.
- Latecomers may not be accepted onto the tours.