York One Hour Self Drive Boat Hire - Go On A Sightseeing Adventure, 25% off
Up to 8 people per boat! Perfect for a family day out!
Use by 31st August 2018
Suitable for 0-100 years
Be the captain for the day and explore York from the helm of your own self-drive motorboat.
Head out on your own aquatic adventure, exploring the same river that brought the Vikings into the beautiful city.
- Fantastic fun, safe and easy to drive.
- Become the skipper and explore the sites of York’s riverside in style!
- Enjoy a leisurely half hour or maximum one-hour hire
- A river cruise with a difference
- Why not take a picnic along with you and make it special
- Each boat can accommodate up to 8 people, perfect for a family day out
- No experience is necessary as you’ll be given full instructions with safety and river rules on the day, whilst life jackets will be provided for any children.
- Use by 31st August 2018
- Valid for hires Monday - Friday 10am - 3 pm
- Excludes Monday 27th August
- You must pre-book your hire via phone with City Cruises
- £30 for 1hr Self-Drive Boat Hire (max.8 Passengers), 25% off
- Hire Duration One Hour
- You are required to arrive at the Red Boat Hire Point 15 minutes before the time of hire to allow time for the rules of the river, area of operation and boat handling instructions to be explained.
- Should you arrive late then you may lose your booking.
- A minimum, returnable cash security bond of £40 is required for all hires. The security must be paid in full cash by cash upon arrival at the landing.
- Part or all of the deposit will be retained if: The boat is more than 10 minutes late returning to the landing (unless the hirer can satisfy the Red Boat Staff that there is a valid reason), The boat is excessively dirty and requires more than 5 minutes cleaning, The boat is damaged in any way.
- (Please note that City Cruises York reserve the right to refuse single sex groups/hen and stag parties)
- Please note that the Red Boats cannot be taken past Clifton Bridge or the Millennium Bridge.
- You are not allowed to moor the boat up and disembark at any point on the river other than at our Red Boat Hire Point at King’s Staith.
- The person hiring the Red Boat must be at least 18 years old and be able to provide a valid means of ID.
- People under the influence of alcohol are not permitted on board and no alcohol is to be taken on board.
- You are more than welcome to bring a picnic and soft drinks along with you to enjoy on board.
- Maximum of 8 people per boat.
- All children under the age of 10 MUST wear a lifejacket.
- The hirer MUST read and abide by the RULES OF THE RIVER, which are displayed on board.
- City Cruises York (operators of RedBoat) reserve the right to refuse to hire a Red Boat to anyone deemed likely to breach the terms of hire.
- The hire will be terminated if customer behaviour is seen to be/reported to be unacceptable.
- Unfortunately, the Red Boats do not sail on a wheelchair accessible landing and so there will be some steps down to and onto the boats.
- No refunds available
- You must pre-book your hire via phone or email with City Cruises
- Pre-booking is a MUST and both City Cruises e-ticket and LittleBird e-Ticket need to be presented to board.
- Reservation office open Monday - Sunday.
- Please book as soon as possible to ensure your future date. Subject to availability.
- Booking details can be found on your LittleBird e-Ticket
- You will receive your LittleBird e-Ticket via email once you have purchased.
Not currently available.