UCL It's All Academic Festival – Fun, Free and Interactive for All Ages
University College London, Bloomsbury
Saturday 5 October 2019, 10am - 4pm
Suitable for 0-100 years
UCL’s It’s All Academic Festival is back for its third year and is bigger and better than ever before! Get hands-on with UCL’s most exciting research through a range of fun, free and interactive talks, tours, workshops and experiences.
- Discover mystery specimens in UCL’s museums
- Build your own brain and find out more about how it all fits together
- Find out how stars form, live and die
- See the life-sized model of the Rosalind Franklin rover which will travel to Mars in 2020
- Glitter without the litter free eco-friendly face-painting
- Play some mini-golf and navigate your way through life’s twists and turns
- See and smell the wonderful world of microbes
- Play Sea Hero Quest, a game invented by UCL scientists to help understand more about how the brain navigates.
- Free mindfulness workshops
- In between, relax and re-energise with live music and a range of pop-up food and drink stalls
- Saturday 5 October 2019
- 10.00am - 4.00pm
- FREE but it is recommended to Register
- Registering is the only way to receive the latest Festival updates and exclusive opportunities to book onto popular talks and behind-the-scenes tours.
- All Festival related events will be free to all guests. However, some events are ticketed and it is strongly encouraged that you book in advance to avoid disappointment.
- All events are free and most are suitable for families
- See the full list of events and interactive activities here: bit.ly/IAAFest19
- The Festival takes place from 10.00am – 4.00pm on UCL’s campus in Bloomsbury – main entrance on Gower Street, nearest tubes Warren Street, Euston, Euston Square and King’s Cross
- Visit the Festival Hub in UCL’s historic quad for all Festival information, including your free maps and guides to what's on.
- Student ambassadors will be here to help you find your way around - spot them in their pink It's All Academic t-shirts.
- UCL alumni have exclusive access to free refreshments, activities and live music throughout the day in the popular Alumni and Supporters Lounge.
- Parking on the UCL campus is by arrangement only and will be reserved for people with access issues – please contact email@example.com for more information.