The Postal Museum - An Interactive and Creative Journey Through History
The Postal Museum, Clerkenwell
Suitable for 0-100 years
Relive the history of the world’s first “social network” at The Postal Museum in this fun and interactive hidden gem. Find the oldest letter in the museum's collection, discover why pirates might have wanted to steal the mail, meet the Post Office’s animal employees, and much, much more at the museum that is dedicated to making history fun for families.
You're WANTED! This half term immerse yourself in The Postal Museum's brand-new temporary exhibition - The Great Train Robbery: Crime & The Post. Some suspicious activity has been going down at the museum and they need your help to get to the bottom of it!
- Take an underground train ride on the unique Mail Rail
- Sort the mail on a mock-up train carriage with wobbly floor
- Design an Inspector Gadget style contraption from recycled materials
- Listen to the spooky tale of the driverless mail train
- Make 'WANTED' posters to help catch your favourite character
- Create your very own railway mystery postcard
- Follow the clues around the museum to solve the culprit of the postal mystery
- Join author P.G. Bell to hear the story of The Great Brain Robbery and get your special copy signed by the man himself!
- £9 for Child Ticket (3 - 15yrs)
- £11 for Young Person Ticket (16-24yrs)
- £16 for Adult Ticket
- Admission tickets include a 15-minute ride on Mail Rail and access to all exhibitions
- Sorted! The Postal Play Space (for kids 0-8) is not included. Tickets may be purchased on arrival
- Excludes the downloadable audio guide. May be purchased on arrival. Own device and headphones required.
- The Mail Rail is a miniature railway designed to carry post, not people. As such, it's not suitable for everyone and it is unfortunately unable to accommodate wheelchair users on the ride itself.
- All other areas of The Postal Museum provide step-free access
- The Postal Museum is open 10am-5pm every day except 24-26 December unless otherwise stated
- Please ensure you arrive at least 15 minutes before the end of the one-hour Mail Rail timeslot shown on your ticket. Failure to arrive on time may result in being unable to ride Mail Rail.
- Bring your voucher with you (on mobile or printed). Failure to present a valid voucher will result in not being admitted.
- Re-entry is permitted any time between 10am and 4:30pm on the date stated on the ticket.