The National Theatre at Home
Stream a free play every Thursday night
Suitable for 0-100 years
National Theatre in London, which has the greatest archive of cinema-quality recordings of stage plays of any theatre. So to help us through the current crisis the National Theatre is switching to its YouTube channel. From April 2, every Thursday (7pm GMT/2pm EST) will see a new National Theatre play released – free to watch for one week – along with bonus content including cast and creative Q&As and post-stream talks.
The line up that has been announced so far is filled with family-friendly good cheer and is the perfect way to still experience the magic of theatre from home.
The initial programme:
- April 23 ‘Twelfth Night’ by William Shakespeare, starring Tamsin Greig.
- 30th April - 8th May Frankenstien
- 7th May - 14th May Antony and Cleopatra
- Additionally, the National Theatre will be rolling out National Theatre Collection study resources to pupils now learning at home.
- Free to watch on the National Theatre youtube channel.
- Please note each play will only be available for one week from the date they're uploaded.
Please consider making a donation to support the National Theatre through this difficult time. If you'd like to make a donation more information can be found on their website.