The Iron Man at the Unicorn Theatre - An Endearing and Beautiful Production Perfect for Ages 8+
The Unicorn Theatre
Perfect for fans of the book
Saturday 4th February - Saturday 4th March
Using paper-cut silhouettes, puppetry and stop-motion animation Matthew Robins (Something Very Far Away), recreates the world of The Iron Man so vividly that you’ll feel you are there.
The Iron Man has been eating every single piece of metal in sight: tractors, old cars, fences - right down to the last rusty nail, destroying farms everywhere. It's up to a young boy to try and tame the monster.
- See this atmospheric tale created live onstage
- A heartfelt story of an unlikely friendship perfect for ages 8+
- Irresistible simplicity and charm
- A gorgeous production of silhouettes, puppetry and stop-motion animation
- Check out the trailer here
- Take a sneak peek at the puppets in action in the rehearsal room here
LittleBird Top Tip: The Unicorn Theatre is in a fabulous location, set back from the Thames so you’re a hop, skip and a jump from the Scoop and HMS Belfast. Tower Bridge is to your right and the Tower of London across the river. There are lots of eateries too if tummies start to rumble including Leon, dim t and Strada.
★★★★ ‘Some of the most innovative shows in London happen at children’s theatre the Unicorn. This is one of them’ Evening Standard
★★★★ ‘completely captivating’ Time Out
★★★★★ 'a slice of pure magic...endlessly inventive' The Upcoming
Performance Dates and Times:
Saturday 4th February 11am
Saturday 11th February 11am *MORE TICKETS ADDED*
Saturday 18th February 11am *NEW*
Saturday 25th February 11am *SOLD OUT*
Saturday 4th March 11am
- £8 for Child Tickets - Band B, 20% off
- £12.80 for Adult Tickets - Band B, 20% off
- £9.60 for Child Tickets - Band A, 20% off
- £14.40 for Adult Tickets - Band A, 20% off
Things to Know
- Dates Available: Saturday 4th February - Saturday 4th March
- For everyone aged 8+
- Duration: Approx. 50 mins
- Seating is allocated by the theatre as best available at time of purchase
- Only valid for the performance for which you have purchased.
- Tickets are required for adults and children
- Please note: very occasionally, strong language is used in this show.
- Please print out your e-Ticket and present it at the Box Office 30 mins prior to the performance.
- You will receive your e-Ticket via email once you have purchased.
- No refunds or exchanges available after the performance has occurred.