Family Fun at the V&A - Get the Family Inspired and Involved in Interactive Fun!
The V&A, South Kensington
Activities until Sun 29 September
Suitable for 0-100 years
The V&A always has so much to offer families with art trails, hands-on galleries and backpacks that let kids go on adventures through history so the summer is no exception. Designed to ensure families can get inspired and involved in their wonderful exhibitions while encouraging play and learning through the diverse V&A collection and temporary exhibitions.
The Imagination Station: Summer Holidays 2019 - 6 – 9 , 11 – 16 , 18 – 23, 25 – 26 August 2019 (FREE, Drop-in)
- Contribute to a collaborative magazine made by art collective Fallen Fruit, using collage making and storytelling.
- Everyone is welcome.
- Inspired by the FOOD: Bigger than the Plate exhibition. Taking place every day in August from the 4th until the 26th except Saturdays.
Pop-up performances: A Queen, her Prince and a dog called Jim - Saturday 3, 10, 17, 24, 31 August (FREE, Drop-in)
- Inspired by the museum’s online game for families: V&A Secret Seekers.
- Families will explore some of the secrets and surprises of the museum with Queen Victoria, Prince Albert and Jim the Dog and discover facts about life in Victorian times.
Make it: Clay - Wednesdays 7 & 14 and Thursday 15 August (£8 per child)
- In this crafts session, visitors are invited to experiment with collage making, textures and press moulds and create their own sensory plate with artist-duo Emily Stapleton-Jefferis and Alice Walton.
- Recommended for ages 5 – 12 years
Pop-up Performance: The Nonsense Museum - Saturday 7, 14, 21 and 28 September (FREE, Drop-in)
- Explore the museum silly style! It’s time to laugh out loud with some comedy capers from Professor Higginbottom, with his assistant Charlie trying to make sense of the nonsense.
- This is a promenade performance with level access starting in the Paintings
Drop-in Design: Sunday 1, 8, 15, 22 and 29 September (FREE, Drop-in)
- In September, try out weaving inspired by travellers’ stories
- become a digital artist and redesign the V&A collection or make your own Diya lamp to celebrate Diwali.
LittleBird Top Tip
Don't Forget! If you have a LittleBird Family Pass you can get 10% off in any of the V&A Cafés plus £2 Off Adult Tickets to Exhibitions. Find out more here
- Please see the dates and times listed in the Best Bits
- Pop-up Performance: FREE, Drop-in
- Drop-in Design: FREE, Drop-in
- The Imagination Station: FREE, Drop-in
- Make it: £8 per child
- Some of the Workshops will incur a small charge please see "Dates and Prices" for more information
- Exhibitions close 15 minutes prior to Museum closing.
- Children's meal deals and high chairs are available in the cafés.
- Packed lunches can be eaten in the Sackler Centre for arts education Lunchroom or in The John Madejski Garden.
- You are welcome to breastfeed throughout the Museum. Quiet spaces are available for those who prefer privacy
- Assistance dogs are welcome. Wheelchairs, walking frames, sound enhancement equipment for guided tours, large print maps and a full access guide to the Museum are available from the information desk in the Grand Entrance.
Museum opening hours
- Daily: 10.00 – 17.45
- Friday: 10.00 – 22.00