Family Fun at the V&A - Get the Family Inspired and Involved in Interactive Fun!
The V&A, South Kensington
Activities until Sat 23 November
Suitable for 0-100 years
The V&A always has so much to offer families with art trails, hands-on galleries and backpacks that let kids go on adventures through history and this Half Term is no exception. Designed to ensure families can get inspired and involved in their wonderful exhibitions while encouraging play and learning through the diverse V&A collection and temporary exhibitions.
The Imagination Station: October Half Term - Sunday 20 – Friday 25 October & Sunday 27, 10.30 – 17.00 (FREE, Drop-in)
- Be inspired by the Mary Quant exhibition and hunt for shapes and patterns in the museum.
Pop-up performances: Autumn 2019 - Saturday 5, 12, 19, 26, October & 2, 9, 16, 23 November (FREE, Drop-in)
- Celebrate Diwali with lively storytelling.
- Step back in time to the workshop of the famous designer, William Morris.
- Dress up and dance 1980s style.
Make it: Monday 21 – Friday 25 October (£8 per child)
- Monday - Wednesday, work with textile designer Yemi Awosile and learn about patterns and printmaking. On Thursday & Friday, join visual designer Bethan Durie and create your own illustrated textile panel.
- Recommended for ages 5 – 12 years
Pop-up Performance: October Half Term - Monday 21 – Friday 25 October, 11.00, 13.00 & 15.00 (FREE, Drop-in)
- Enter the wonderful world of the V&A book Wendy and the Wallpaper Cat with playful puppets and marvellous music.
- Created by Lisa O’Hanlon and Dan Willis - inspired by Tim Walker: Wonderful Things exhibition.
Digital Kids: Monday 21 – Friday 25 October, 10.30 – 17.00 (FREE, Drop-in)
- Spark your imagination, get creative with technology and design a fantastical world.
- Recommended for ages 5+
LittleBird Top Tip
Don't Forget! If you have a LittleBird Family Pass you can get 10% off in any of the V&A Cafés plus £2 Off Adult Tickets to Exhibitions. Find out more here
- Please see the dates and times listed in the Best Bits
- Pop-up Performance: FREE, Drop-in
- Drop-in Design: FREE, Drop-in
- The Imagination Station: FREE, Drop-in
- Make it: £8 per child
- Some of the Workshops will incur a small charge please see "Dates and Prices" for more information
- Exhibitions close 15 minutes prior to Museum closing.
- Children's meal deals and high chairs are available in the cafés.
- Packed lunches can be eaten in the Sackler Centre for arts education Lunchroom or in The John Madejski Garden.
- You are welcome to breastfeed throughout the Museum. Quiet spaces are available for those who prefer privacy
- Assistance dogs are welcome. Wheelchairs, walking frames, sound enhancement equipment for guided tours, large print maps and a full access guide to the Museum are available from the information desk in the Grand Entrance.
Museum opening hours
- Daily: 10.00 – 17.45
- Friday: 10.00 – 22.00