Family Fun at the V&A - Get the Family Inspired and Involved in Interactive Fun!
The V&A, South Kensington
Activities until Sat 18 May
Suitable for 0-100 years
The V&A always has so much to offer families with art trails, hands-on galleries and backpacks that let kids go on adventures through history so the festive period is no exception. Designed to ensure families can get inspired and involved in their wonderful exhibitions while encouraging play and learning through the diverse V&A collection and temporary exhibitions.
Pop-up Performance: Winter - Sat 16, Sat 23 & Sat 30 March, 11.00, 13.00 & 15.00 (FREE, Drop-in)
- On Saturdays take part in exciting and unique performances suitable for all the family.
- On 5 & 12 January Luke Saydon leads fun music sessions for everyone.
- On 19 & 26 the Company of Elders and Sadlers Wells Youth Dance Company alumni present Dancing Memories.
Drop-in Design: Winter - Sun 17, Sun 24 & Sun 31 Mar, 10.30 – 17.00 (FREE, Drop-in)
- Create your own design using a wide range of materials inspired by the Museum’s collection.
- On 6 & 13 January create your own visual score in Play a Picture (no music experience necessary).
- On 20 & 27, make your own musical instrument
- In February and March, take part in activities inspired by Chinese New Year, Japanese Children’s day, World Book Day and the exhibitions Video games: Design/Play/Disrupt and Christian Dior: Designer of Dreams.
Pop-up Performances: Clara Button and the Magical Hat - Saturday 6, 13, 20 and 27 April, 11.00, 13.00 & 15.00 (FREE, Drop-in)
- Watch a 30min performance of Clara Button and her brother Ollie on a magical journey around the museum.
Pop-up Performances: The Monkey and the Crab - Saturday 4, 11, 18 May (FREE, Drop-in)
- A short series of free performances to coincide with Japanese Children’s Day.
Pop-up Performances: Secret Seekers - Saturday 4, 11, 18 May (FREE, Drop-in)
- Join an exciting treasure hunt to uncover some of the secrets of the museum.
- Queen Victoria, William Morris, Jim the Dog and their friends will help families discover little-known facts and features through a host of challenges.
LittleBird Top Tip
Don't Forget! If you have a LittleBird Family Pass you can get 10% off in any of the V&A Cafés plus £2 Off Adult Tickets to Exhibitions. Find out more here
- Please see the dates and times listed in the Best Bits
- Pop-up Performance: Winter: FREE, Drop-in
- Drop-in Design: Winter: FREE, Drop-in
- Some of the Workshops will incur a small charge please see "Dates and Prices" for more information
- Exhibitions close 15 minutes prior to Museum closing.
- Children's meal deals and high chairs are available in the cafés.
- Packed lunches can be eaten in the Sackler Centre for arts education Lunchroom or in The John Madejski Garden.
- You are welcome to breastfeed throughout the Museum. Quiet spaces are available for those who prefer privacy
- Assistance dogs are welcome. Wheelchairs, walking frames, sound enhancement equipment for guided tours, large print maps and a full access guide to the Museum are available from the information desk in the Grand Entrance.
Museum opening hours
- Daily: 10.00 – 17.45
- Friday: 10.00 – 22.00