Family Fun at the V&A - Get the Family Inspired and Involved in Interactive Fun!
The V&A, South Kensington
Don't miss the V&A Performance Festival (27 April – 6 May)
Activities until Sat 18 May
Suitable for 0-100 years
The V&A always has so much to offer families with art trails, hands-on galleries and backpacks that let kids go on adventures through history so the festive period is no exception. Designed to ensure families can get inspired and involved in their wonderful exhibitions while encouraging play and learning through the diverse V&A collection and temporary exhibitions.
Pop-up Performances: Clara Button and the Magical Hat - Saturday 27 April, 11.00, 13.00 & 15.00 (FREE, Drop-in)
- Watch a 30min performance of Clara Button and her brother Ollie on a magical journey around the museum.
Drop-in Design: Spring 2019
Sunday 28 April: Design a Magical Hat
- The V&A is full of wonderful things, including lots of hats. In the book 'Clara Button and the Magical Hat Day', Clara and her family visit the museum for a special day out.
- Design your own magical hat inspired by the V&A.
Sunday 5 and Monday 6 May: Make your Musical Instrument
- Celebrate May bank holiday weekend and create a crafty musical instrument using variety of materials.
- Part of V&A Performance Festival 2019.
Sunday 12 and 19 May: Mon Design
- Celebrate the Japanese Children’s Day and create your own mon – a Japanese family crest.
Pop-up Performances: The Monkey and the Crab - Saturday 4, 11, 18 May (FREE, Drop-in)
- A short series of free performances to coincide with Japanese Children’s Day.
Pop-up Performances: Secret Seekers - Saturday 4, 11, 18 May (FREE, Drop-in)
- Join an exciting treasure hunt to uncover some of the secrets of the museum.
- Queen Victoria, William Morris, Jim the Dog and their friends will help families discover little-known facts and features through a host of challenges.
V&A Performance Festival - 27 April – 6 May
Returning this spring to celebrate the themes of Comedy and Music. Discover a wide range of special events taking place throughout the museum, including live performances, film screenings, talks, tours and workshops. There's drop in clown school, Victorian Puppet Music Hall, Improv sessions, nonsense poetry and so much more!
LittleBird Top Tip
Don't Forget! If you have a LittleBird Family Pass you can get 10% off in any of the V&A Cafés plus £2 Off Adult Tickets to Exhibitions. Find out more here
- Please see the dates and times listed in the Best Bits
- Pop-up Performance: Winter: FREE, Drop-in
- Drop-in Design: Winter: FREE, Drop-in
- Some of the Workshops will incur a small charge please see "Dates and Prices" for more information
- Exhibitions close 15 minutes prior to Museum closing.
- Children's meal deals and high chairs are available in the cafés.
- Packed lunches can be eaten in the Sackler Centre for arts education Lunchroom or in The John Madejski Garden.
- You are welcome to breastfeed throughout the Museum. Quiet spaces are available for those who prefer privacy
- Assistance dogs are welcome. Wheelchairs, walking frames, sound enhancement equipment for guided tours, large print maps and a full access guide to the Museum are available from the information desk in the Grand Entrance.
Museum opening hours
- Daily: 10.00 – 17.45
- Friday: 10.00 – 22.00