Annie at the Piccadilly Theatre
June 2017 - January 2018
Suitable for 5-16 years
Miranda Hart makes her West End debut as the infamous Miss Hannigan in a new production of the beloved Broadway musical Annie. Directed by Nikolai Foster, Annie opens at the Piccadilly Theatre in May 2017, for a London season.
Based on the comic strip Little Orphan Annie, the musical charts the journey of Annie as she goes from forgotten orphan to daughter of a billionaire. Set in 1930’s New York, during the Great Depression, Annie and her fellow orphans are forced to live a life of misery in the drunken Miss Hannigan’s demanding orphanage.
- Annie’s luck soon changes when she is picked to spend Christmas with the known billionaire, Oliver Warbucks.
- As Warbucks and his employees begin to fall in love with the feisty young girl, Miss Hannigan and her cronies hatch a plan to snatch her away and get some fortune of their own.
- Originally played by Carol Burnett in the 1982 film, Miss Hannigan is a role that has been played by some of the stage’s greatest stars.
- Miranda Hart joins the likes of Sheila Hancock, Paul O’Grady, Sue Pollard, Kim Criswell, Kathy Bates and Cameron Diaz (from the 2014 film) as she takes on the role.
- Most recently seen on a UK tour starring Craig Revel Horwood, Annie last appeared on the West End at the Victoria Palace Theatre in 1998.
- Now, a brand new production opens at the Piccadilly Theatre on May 23rd 2017, with an official press night on January 6th 2018.
Please note: Miranda Hart appears as Miss Hannigan until September 17th 2017. The appearance of any artist cannot be guaranteed.
Ticket prices from £26
Friday 22nd September 2017 to Sunday 18th February 2018
Please note: Craig Revel Horwood is scheduled to appear as Miss Hannigan until 26 November, excluding Saturdays. He will also NOT be performing on 22, 24 September, 16, 18, 25 October, 6, 20 and 23 November. The appearance of any artist cannot be guaranteed.
No under 5's.
- No refunds or exchanges.
For any queries call on +44 (0) 207 3326 439 . Mon-Fri: 8am-8pm | Sat: 9am-7.30pm | Sun: 9am-7pm