Winnie-the-Pooh: Exploring a Classic Exhibition at the V&A Museum
The V&A, South Kensington
Until Sunday 8 April 2018
Suitable for 0-100 years
Original drawings of Winnie-the-Pooh will go on display at the V&A for the first time in nearly 40 years as part of the UK’s largest ever exhibition on Winnie-the-Pooh, A.A. Milne and E.H Shepard. A multi-sensory, playful exhibition that will explore the magical world of Winnie-the-Pooh – one of the most adored fictional characters of all time.
Experience the timeless and universal appeal of this much-loved bear and discover the story behind the creative partnership of A.A. Milne and E.H. Shepard, brought to life through sketches, letters, photographs, cartoons, ceramics and fashion. See wonders such as:
- A.A. Milne’s, Winnie-the-Pooh manuscript
- Pages from the manuscript of House at Pooh Corner from the Wren Library at Trinity College, Cambridge.
- E.H Shepard’s first Winne-the-Pooh character portraits, made by copying A.A Milne’s son Christopher’s real toys, and original sketches of the forest landscape.
- A Christopher Robin nursery tea set presented to Princess Elizabeth in 1928, generously lent by her Majesty the Queen from the Royal Collection.
- An extraordinary number of original pencil and pen and ink drawings for Winnie-the-Pooh and House at Pooh Corner including the best-known illustrations.
- Opening on Saturday, 9 December 2017 Until Sunday 8 April 2018
- Timeslots available Daily: 10.00 – 17.30 Last ticketed entry 16.00
- Friday: 10.00 – 21.30 Last ticketed entry 20.00
- £5 for Child Ticket (aged 12-17)
- £8 for Adult Ticket
- Children aged 0-11 are free of charge - Please call +44 (0) 207 492 9978 to book their tickets
- Lines are open Mon to Fri 8am-8pm, Sat 9am-7.30pm and Sun 9am-7pm
- Please ensure you select the correct date prior to checkout. TICKETS CANNOT BE EXCHANGED OR REFUNDED.
- The Victoria and Albert Museum reserves the right to amend or make alterations to the published details of the event as become necessary
- The Victoria and Albert Museum reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion conduct security searches to ensure the safety of visitors.
- This ticket is valid for one single admission only
- The Victoria and Albert Museum shall not be responsible for loss or damage to personal property brought into the museum
- Victoria and Albert Museum Members enjoy free entry to exhibitions and do not need to pre-book
- No refunds or exchanges.