The Great British Seaside at the National Maritime Museum
National Maritime Museum, Greenwich
23rd March - 30th September 2018
Suitable for 0-100 years
Celebrate our nation's love of the seaside in the National Maritime Museum’s special exhibition for 2018 showcasing beach photography by some of Britain’s best photographers. Displaying photography from the 1960s to the present it will ature over 100 works by some of Britain’s most celebrated photographers, Martin Parr, Tony Ray-Jones, David Hurn and Simon Roberts.
- Explore our changing relationship with the seaside over the last six decades
- A critical and affectionate mirror to a much-loved and quintessentially British experience
- Including images from the archival collections of each of the photographers, news film as well as some never before seen images
Fun for families at the National Maritime Musuem
- Dress as a pirate and climb a look out post or steer a ship into port on the Ship Simulator
- Join an exciting performance and journey bringing maritime history to life at character encounters (Saturdays | 12.00, 13.00, 14.00, 15.00 )
- Discover the Great Map at the centre of the National Maritime Museum and explore the world!
The All Hands children's gallery for 6-12s at National Maritime Museum is free and open daily
- Fire a cannon and shoot down a dastardly pirate ship in the brilliant interactive game
- Load cargo in the port and explore the ship Seahorse
- Help prepare food in the ship’s galley and find out about the strange meals sailors ate on board.
Or for younger kids head to the AHOY! gallery for 0-7s (free and open daily )
- A boatload of fun and adventure!
- See them will beam with delight as they land a fish
- Watch as new friendships will be forged as kids work together in the interactive boatyard
- Polar exploration, pirates and a host of other maritime themes are brought to life in this playful and immersive gallery
- 23rd March - 30th September 2018
- £6.50 for Child Ticket (5-15yrs)
- £10.50 for Concession Ticket
- £11.50 for Adult Ticket
- Under 5s go Free
- Please take your voucher to the admission desk to enter the exhibition.
- No refunds or exchanges available