Private Peaceful at the Leicester Square Theatre - Based on the Award Winning Book by Michael Morpurgo, Kids go FREE*
Leicester Square Theatre, Leicester Square
*One Child goes FREE with an Adult Ticket!
Monday 3rd – Saturday 8th September 2018
Suitable for 8+ years
Beguiling and moving, this award-winning story of Private Peaceful commemorates the 100th year anniversary of the end of World War One and relives the life of Private Tommo Peaceful, a young soldier awaiting the firing squad at dawn.
During the night he looks back at his short but joyful past growing up in rural Devon: his exciting first days at school; the accident in the forest that killed his father; his adventures with Molly, the love of his life; and the battles and injustices of war that brought him to the front line.
- Winner of the Blue Peter Book of the Year
- From the incomparable Children’s Laureate, Michael Morpurgo.
- Perfect theatre experience for those studying the book or WWI
- Filled with vivid detail and an engrossing atmosphere
- A deeply moving account of the First World War
- A piece of superb storytelling on how precious it is to be alive
- A theatre treat that will touch viewers of all ages.
‘Private Peaceful at the theatre is a moving experience that not only tells the story of a young soldier’s final day in World War One, but perhaps more importantly conveys the strength of human spirit.’ – Michael Morpurgo
‘An infinitely touching, intensely acted account of a young First World War Soldier’s final day.’ - ★★★★★ Sunday Express
‘As moving as the poetry of Wilfred Owen and as painfully memorable as white-hot shrapnel…’ ★★★★★ The Sunday Herald
'The horrors of war and the joyfulness of life are bound up together in this magnificent show.' - ★★★★★ The Scotsman
- Monday 3rd September 6:30pm
- Tuesday 4th September 6:30pm
- Wednesday 5th September 6:30pm
- Thursday 6th September 3pm, 6:30pm
- Friday 7th September 6:30pm
- Saturday 8th September 3pm, 6:30pm
- £20 for Adult + FREE Child Ticket, 51% off
- £20 for Additional Adult Ticket, 13% off
- £15 for Additional Child Ticket, 13% off
- Suitable for 8+
- Babes in Arms Under 12 Months may sit on laps without requiring a ticket
- Duration: 75mins
- Seating is allocated by the theatre by best available at time of purchase.
- All tickets purchased together will be sat together.
- Only valid for the performance for which you have purchased
- Free Child Tickets must be selected at the point of purchase, in order for the theatre to allocate appropriate seating
- The Free Child offer is not available on Additional Adult tickets
- Please print your e-Ticket and present it at the Box Office for ticket collection at least 30 mins before the performance starts.
- You will receive your e-Ticket via email once you have purchased.
Not currently available.